CO01 - Western front Strongpoint (Fort) - Late 1916
This is a generic engagement for the recovery of a Western front strongpoint or fort. The French high command, particularly along the Verdun salient, were desperate for field artillery, which they would remove from strongpoints or forts, evacuating the complex altogether in some cases.
The political turbulence within the GQG made for some hasty and unsound decisions, leading to the German occupation of these abandoned strategic locations. It would take the effort of other Allied forces to recapture the positions, albeit at a ghastly price. This scenario is typical of a late 1916 or early 1917 attempt to do so.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 6
- 1 Medal for each unit eliminated.
- The British army is racing against time. The Germans will take a victory medal for each Recon (left, right, center) card played instead of drawing for the card effect.
- There is no shelling of No Man's Land by either side.
- The trench hex in front of the village has a German victory medal placed on it. If any British unit occupies that hex at the end of a German turn, the British army wins the battle.
- The British gain a victory medal for each unit that occupies a German hill or trench hex at the end of Britain's turn. This can only be done once per unit per game.