261 - Battle of Malmaison (Vaudesson) - 23 October 1917
The French 13th, 43rd and 38th Divisions simultaneously advanced forward towards their objectives. The 13th attacked Vaudesson village and the Belle Croix woords. The 38th entered the Garenne woods and drove the Germans from Orme Farm, while to the east the 43rd advanced on Montparnasse Quarry. Tank support for the 13th and 38th would assure that these objectives were taken.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 7
- 1 Medal for each unit eliminated.
- The French forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn, when one or more units occupy any German trench hex. Place a French Victory Medal with the unit on the trench hex when occupied.
- The French forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal at the start of their turn for each building hex occupied. Place a French Victory Medal on the building hex to indicate it was captured.
- The French forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal for each soldier unit, and 2 Medals for each tank, that succeeds in breaking through and exiting the battlefield from the German baseline.
- The French forces are racing against time. The German player, when playing a "Recon" command card, may take a Victory Medal and draw only one command card, instead of drawing two command cards.
- French player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling.