260 - Battle of Malmaison (Laffaux Salient) - 23 October 1917
The 21st and 20th Chasseur Battalions of XXI Corps met little opposition as they advanced. Vaurains Farm was captured with tank support and the eastern end of Lizard and Lady trenches were occupied by early morning. Once the 31st Casseur Battalion stormed and took Malmaison Farm, the French were in firm control of the sector.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 7
- 1 Medal for each unit eliminated.
- The French forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn, when one or more units occupy any German trench hex. Place a French Victory Medal with the unit on the trench hex when occupied.
- The French forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal at the start of their turn for each farm (building hex) occupied. Place a French Victory Medal on the farm to indicate it was captured.
- The French forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal for each soldier unit, and 2 Medals for each tank, that succeeds in breaking through and exiting the battlefield from the German baseline.
- The French forces are racing against time. The German player, when playing a "Recon" command card, may take a Victory Medal and draw only one command card, instead of drawing two command cards.
- French player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling.