127 - Cambrai (Flesquieres Ridge) - 20 November 1917
Both leading brigades of the 51st Highland Division, after overcoming the German front line machine gun positions, watched with high hopes, as their tanks were pressing on alone towards the crest of the Flesquieres Ridge. The Germans, on the other hand, had prepared a little surprise for the British, by dragging a number of field gun batteries into position on the other side of ridge. So as the tanks made the top of the ridge, the German guns opened fire. One by one the British tanks, as they attempted to turn around, were decimated. The British attack in this section, at this point, was stopped in its tracks.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 8
- 1 Medal for each soldier unit eliminated.
- 2 Medals for each British tank eliminated.
- The British forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal for each soldier unit that exits the battlefield from the German baseline and 2 Permanent Victory Medals for each tank.
- The British forces gain 2 Temporary Victory Medals at the start of their turn, for each Flesquieres building hex occupied.
- The German forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn, if the British do not occupy any Flesquieres building hexes. The German player starts with 1 Victory Medal.
- The British forces are racing against time. The German player may take a Victory Medal, instead of taking two command cards, when playing a “Recon” command card.
- British player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling roll.