007 - Loos (Renewed British Offensive) - 13-14 October 1915
The Battle of Loos was fought between September 25 and October 15, 1915. A heavy British bombardment prior to the attack on the 13th was too light to do sufficient damage to enemy positions and wire. Immediately after leaving their trench, the 137th Brigade, while crossing open ground, was hit by heavy machine gun fire and would accomplish nothing. The 138th Brigade advanced directly towards the Hohenzollern Redoubt. For a short time, units gained the front trench, but German bombers counter attacked which was too much for the British defenders, and soon after, isolated British parties gradually made their way back to the shelter of their own trench line. Although minor fighting continued for some weeks, the Loos offensive was effectively at an end.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 6
- 1 Medal for each unit eliminated.
- The British forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn, when one or more units occupy any German trench hex in the German front line. Place a Victory Medal, with the British side faceup, on the trench to indicate it is controlled.
- The British forces are racing against time. The German player may take a Victory Medal, instead of taking two command cards, when playing a “Recon” command card.
- British player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling roll.
- Reserve Artillery Observation Advantage is with the side that has the majority of units adjacent to or occupying “The Dump”. The side with the Observation Advantage first targeting die does not cost an HQ. However, the maximum number of targeting dice rolled still remains the same.