243 - Verdun (Samogneux) - 24 February 1916
After two days of fighting, the German advance had been slower than expected and failed to gained much territory. Near Samogneux, however, the Germans were pressing hard to take the village and Hill 344 just to the east. Near the end of the day, Commandant Duffet reported his French forces had no ammunition, no rations and only a few officers remained in his command. He was instructed to hold on a little longer.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 7
- 1 Medal for each unit eliminated.
- The 5 building hexes form a Start Turn Temporary Majority Medal Objective worth 1 Medal for the side that occupies the most buildings. The French start with 1 Victory Medal.
- The 10 hill hexes of Hill 344 form a Start Turn Temporary Majority Medal Objective worth 2 Medals for the German forces or 1 Medal for the French forces that occupies the most hills. The French start with 1 Victory Medal.
- The German forces are racing against time. The French player, when playing a “Recon” command card, may take a Victory Medal and draw only one command card, instead of drawing two command cards.
- German player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling roll.