Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Greetings from a new/prospective player in the state of WA!

More
6 years 6 months ago #668 by Meridian
I've been slightly obsessing over this game as soon as I discovered it on BGG a few months back. I couldn't believe I missed the original KS campaign as I've been pretty active on Kickstarter, at least monitoring many campaigns more than pledging. Currently, my budget blocks me from getting the base game and Tank expansion, but when I saw word of the impending reprint + French expansion campaign, I decided this will be better timing and hope to use some of my tax return funds to get all the things then for my local gaming group.

While having not having much experience with wargaming, I'm quite familiar with it thanks to podcasts, forums and the like. Historical wargaming however is a new interest for me, specifically with WWI.

I currently play X-Wing, but only casually. And I have an interest in BattleTech, but have been careful not to buy in just yet due to aforementioned funds and lack of time. Still, I hope to see things change in the new year.

In the meantime, I may lurk, but will ask questions, and maybe get some skirmishes in through Tabletop Simulator.

Steady tides be with you!
Meridian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #670 by Mark-McG
well greetings, and hope your tax return is well spent.

no recent news of the French expansion, but it is supposed to be in the works

"Feed the troops on victory"- Gen. Sir John Monash
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meridian

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #671 by Meridian
Thanks, Mark. I've got quite a few games, both tabletop and for PC that I'm waiting for their early access/beta testing to complete. One of those is Tannenberg , an Eastern Front focused game, a standalone expansion to Verdun. I currently get my Great War gaming fix from that.

Meridian
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Meridian. Reason: Formatting error.

More
6 years 5 months ago #677 by Achtung Panzer
PSC Games said the TGW French expansion KS Campaign may start before Christmas, with delivery in June 2018. Be warned, their previous KS campaign for the Battle of Britain was badly managed and ran way over time with poor quality assurance when it arrived.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #679 by Meridian
Thanks for the concern. I'm aware of what happened, since it s brought up here, BGG, and elsewhere too. I am hoping the KS is not in December as that is smack dab in the middle of the Christmas season when a lot of us are really strapped for cash already. It would seem to be a poor choice on their part.

Meridian
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Meridian.

More
6 years 3 months ago #710 by Meridian
Dropping in and thought I'd provide an update. As my post alluded, December wasn't a great time for me to be putting money down for a Kickstarter, but with the expected release being in June (crossing fingers), that is also the month of my birthday, so... :)

Changed up my avatar to a photo from an old clipping from an obit my dad gave me yesterday. This is 1st Lt. Theodore Marshall, my first cousin, twice removed. He served in WWI, though I'm not clear exactly where just yet. Thought it thematic and appropriate for this board.

Meridian

More
5 years 6 months ago #750 by Meridian
New update: I'm now in the Twin Cities area. Currently living temporarily with the in-laws while we find a place to put an offer on. If any one else happens to be in the area that plays, do let me know! I'm aware of First Minnesota Wargaming Society thru BGG which I joined but haven't attended a meetup as yet. Not sure if their usual Friday night will work for me, but we'll see!

As mentioned in another thread, excited to be able to pre-order the game as soon as PSC says it's available for US.

Meridian

Time to create page: 0.999 seconds