Question on Temporary Medal Objectives

More
4 years 11 months ago #845 by Capt. Blackadder
I have just completed Scenario 3 (Loos) and I am confused about the wording "the British forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn....." There are two (2) definitions of Temporary Medal Objectives on page 20 of the Rule Book. For Scenario 3 which definition applies? The Scenario 3 language implies that it is the Temporary Medal Objective (it is immediately gained) but then goes on about being at the start of the turn (suggesting that it might be a Start Turn Temporary Medal Objective). Could someone please clarify for me which this is for Scenario 3? The reason that I ask is that in the game that I just played, if the Temp Victory Medal is immediately awarded then the British won (me) as they occupied Trench 2 on my turn but if it is not awarded until the start of my next turn then the Germans won (my friend) as they wiped out this unit in Trench 2 on their turn winning the game 6 victory medals to 5. Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #848 by Mark-McG
my understanding is that it is a Start Turn Temporary Medal Objective despite the loose phrasing.

"Feed the troops on victory"- Gen. Sir John Monash

More
4 years 11 months ago #850 by Capt. Blackadder
Thanks Mark!

Time to create page: 0.978 seconds