ancients  battlecry  napoleonics  samuraibattles  thegreatwar Support Us 

Lost Messenger

More
2 years 6 months ago #153 by alecrespi
alecrespi created the topic: Lost Messenger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #682 by pmiranda
pmiranda replied the topic: Lost Messenger
Can the unit ordered be located in any section?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #683 by Achtung Panzer
Achtung Panzer replied the topic: Lost Messenger
I would think Yes. The key word is "ordered" - that seems to be the only criteria.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #690 by mk20336
mk20336 replied the topic: Lost Messenger
Yes, it can. It is phasing player choice which "lonely" unity will be ordered this turn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #692 by pmiranda
pmiranda replied the topic: Lost Messenger
OK, but it has to be one of the originally ordered units, I believe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 hours ago #693 by pmiranda
pmiranda replied the topic: Lost Messenger
What if you play Lost Messenger on "Direct from HQ"? Does the phasing player lose all the HQ tokens he spent to play "Direct from HQ" and only get to activate 1 of the ordered units?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 hours ago #694 by mk20336
mk20336 replied the topic: Lost Messenger

pmiranda wrote: OK, but it has to be one of the originally ordered units, I believe.

Yes, exactly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 hours ago #695 by mk20336
mk20336 replied the topic: Lost Messenger

pmiranda wrote: What if you play Lost Messenger on "Direct from HQ"? Does the phasing player lose all the HQ tokens he spent to play "Direct from HQ" and only get to activate 1 of the ordered units?

As painful as it may seem, this is what would happen. That is the beauty of Combat Cards - but please not that Lost Messanger is very expensive card and should be played for a great effect (for example opponent activating 8 units with Order HQ).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 14 hours ago - 5 days 20 hours ago #696 by Clexton27
Clexton27 replied the topic: Lost Messenger

mk20336 wrote:

pmiranda wrote: What if you play Lost Messenger on "Direct from HQ"? Does the phasing player lose all the HQ tokens he spent to play "Direct from HQ" and only get to activate 1 of the ordered units?

As painful as it may seem, this is what would happen. That is the beauty of Combat Cards - but please not that Lost Messanger is very expensive card and should be played for a great effect (for example opponent activating 8 units with Order HQ).


Please note the EXACT text on the card:

Opponent’s orders do not get through
the lines. The number of battlefield units
ordered this turn is reduced to 1 unit.
Reserve artillery may not be ordered. If
opponent played a combat card alongside
his command card, it is returned to his hand
and HQ tokens are returned to his pool
.


Although your opponent may be reduced to one of the units he ordered. He does NOT lose his Combat Card if he played it and he does NOT lose any HQ tokens. These items are simply returned to his card hand and his token resource area.
Last Edit: 5 days 20 hours ago by Clexton27.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mk20336

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 14 hours ago #697 by mk20336
mk20336 replied the topic: Lost Messenger
Yes, I read quickly only first part of the card. Good catch and my error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clexton27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.089 seconds

Forum Statistics

  • Total Users:125
  • Latest Member:GoodJez
  • Total Posts:1436
  • Total Topics:987
  • Total Sections:3
  • Total Categories:10
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:2
  • Yesterday Answer:2

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
alecrespi 192
Mark McG 132
mk20336 114
plainscape GW 22
chris01 18

Top Thanks

Top Thanks Thanks
Mark McG 17
mk20336 6
bdgza 6
alecrespi 5
Francesco de Baskervile 2

Random Quote

Once blood is shed in a national quarrel reason and right are swept aside by the rage of angry men. ~~~ David Lloyd George, British prime minister ~~~