Each turn is now divided into three phases:
1. Morale Phase
2. Planning Phase
3. Execution Phase
The Execution Phase is divided into 5 steps. Each step must be completed before the next step begins:
1. Defensive Orders (All-Around Defense, Defend, Fire and Retreat)
2. Ranged Combat Orders (Fire Ranged Weapons)
3. Movement Orders (Assault, March, Move and Fire, Pursue, Retreat, Run)
4. Special Orders (Ambush, Join Up, Receive Supplies, Reconnaissance, Rest)
5. Melee Combat
6. Retreat Orders (Flee, Panic, Retreat)
Normally, a unit will not have a Commander. A unit without a Commander is limited to certain types of orders. You can only give these orders to a unit without a Commander:
• All-Around Defense
A unit threatens the area around it with its weapons, and this limits the enemy’s ability to move through that area.
Only units that have been given Defend, Ambush, or Fire and Retreat orders have a Defense Zone.
1. Determine Attack Value
2. Roll Attack Dice
3. Count Hits
4. Apply Damage
When a unit is engaged, the model must be turned to face the enemy unit. This is called the unit’s “front” side. The sides of the unit are called “flanks” and the side opposite the front is the “rear”.
A unit engaged in melee combat at the beginning of a turn does not have a Zone of Control for the entire turn.