GP12. SHINOHARA (June 1183)
GP12. SHINOHARA, June 1183
After the disaster at Kurikara Gorge, the Taira army retreated south. Minamoto no Yoshinaka was following hard and caught up with the Taira where they had made camp at Shinohara in Kaga province. Samurai of the two armies engaged in a number of one-on-one duels and formalised small group engagements, which escalated into a full battle. The Taira were defeated again and many of their noteworthy samurai killed. The road to the capital lay open for Yoshinaka.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Command cards 5
Dragon Cards 2
> Move first
Command Cards 6
Dragon Cards 2
1 Victory Banner for each Leader or Unit eliminated
(See The Road to the Capital and Honourable Deaths special rules)
- * The Road to the Capital – Ordered Minamoto units may use their normal movement to cross the Taira baseline and are removed from the game. The Minamoto gain 1 Victory Banner for each exiting unit. (Minamoto leaders may cross the Taira baseline, either alone or attached to a unit, but do not earn a Victory Banner).
- * Honourable Deaths
– Taira leaders do not grant a Victory Banner to the enemy when eliminated.
- The Taira army gains 2 H&F every time a Taira leader dies for any reason except committing seppuku.
- After dice are rolled in close combat by a Taira unit with an attached leader, the Taira player may voluntarily eliminate that leader and remove it from the game to eliminate an additional figure from the target enemy unit. This is considered part of the close combat dice result.
- * Bamboo Plain – All Forest hexes are impassable and block line of sight.