208 Heilsberg - Opening Phase (10 June 1807)
Heilsberg (Opening Phase) - 10 June 1807
After repulsing two days of Russian attacks, Napoleon again resumed his advance up the left bank of the River Alle. While the Russian army, not defeated, retired to a strong position near the Polish town of Heilsberg. On June 10th, Murat attacked and quickly took the village of Launau. His advance beyond Launau, however, was stalled when he encountered a strong Russian force near Bevernick. It was only after Soult’s IV Corps and artillery had moved into position, that by early afternoon, could the French force the Russians to retire from the outlying villages back to Heilsberg.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
• Commander: Bennigsen
• 5 Command Cards
• 4 Tactician Cards
• Commander: Napoleon
• 6 Command Cards
• 6 Tactician Cards
• Move First
• Each town hex in Langwiese and Bevernick are a Temporary Victory Banner for French player at the start of the turn (Temporary Victory Banner Turn Start)
• The Russian player gains one Temporary Victory Banner for each town hex occupied, and will start the battle with one Victory Banner for occupying one town hex (Temporary Victory Banner Turn Start)
• The River Alle is impassable.
• The Bevernick Stream does not stop movement, but has the battle restrictions of a fordable stream.
• Pre-Battle Mother Russia Roll rule is in effect.
It is not clear if the fork in the river terrain belongs to the fordable Bevernick Stream or the impassable River Alle?
The fork is considered to be part of the impassable River Alle.
• The impassable River Alle includes the fork tile and the part south of the fork.
Again all dear scenario designers/publishers. Declare and show all important tiles, victory hexes and other important things clear (with colored borders round the hexes e.g.), so such questions don´t come up
Alessandro will replace next the current scenario picture with a new one.
and as i wrote above, i wished, Scenario Publisher declare clear the river parts, if river spread up into different sections (because in Heilsberg its also not clear, which river part on French left is the impassable Allee or fordable Bevernick) and all victory hexes.
Best they use a Scenario Editor like this vassal module, with a lot of different color borders and other markers, to show all clear!
I always update in future this unclear hexes and victory conditions, after
the scenarios will clarified.