ancients  battlecry  napoleonics  samuraibattles  thegreatwar Support Us 

202 Golymin (26 December 1806)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Rating 3.00 (1 Vote)
 58 %
Record a victory for BOTTOM ARMY  42 %
Total plays 45 - Last reported by Boulder on 2017-03-22 20:33:52

Golymin - 26 December 1806

Historical Background
Acting on orders from Napoleon, Marshal Augereau’s VII Corps and Davout’s III Corps moved north from the Ukra River in Poland searching for Marshall Kamenskoi‘s retreating Russian army. The French caught up to Prince Golitsyn and Barron Sacken’s 3rd Division resting in the area of two small towns Golymin and Kaleczin. Augereau’s corps arrived first and attacked.
General Heudelet’s 2nd French Division advanced from the west while General Desjardins’ 1st Division moved through the woods to the south. On the French right, General Morand’s division of the III Corps moved forward in an attempt to cut off the Russian retreat. The Russians were outnumbered and took heavy casualties as they fought a retreating withdrawal. Their intent was to hold out until nightfall to make good their escape to the north, and they succeeded. The French noted with admiration the Russian troops obedience to orders. Their survival depended upon rapid retreat, and even when fired upon at close range, they ignored the casualties and kept marching instead of halting to return the fire.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?

Set-Up Order

Forest 17
Town 3
Marsh 1

Battle Notes

Russian Army
• Commander: Golitsyn
• 5 Command Cards
• Optional 2 Tactician Cards

Line Infantry Light Infantry Grenadier Infantry Light Cavalry Heavy Cavalry Cuirassier Heavy Cavalry Foot Artillery Leader
9 3 1 1 2 1 2 2

French Army
• Commander: Augereau
• 5 Command Cards
• Optional 4 Tactician Cards
• Move First

Line Infantry Light Infantry Light Cavalry Heavy Cavalry Leader
12 2 2 1 3

Victory
8 Banners

Special Rules
• The Russian player receives one Victory Banner for each Russian unit, excluding leaders, that exit the battlefield from any hex on the Russian baseline in the Russian army’s left section.

• Pre-Battle Mother Russia Roll rule is in effect.

FAQ

Count the Cossacks in the scenario Golymin (also in other scenarios, in which "off board" evading units counts as VP), as Victory Point too, because they don´t count as Victory Point if they are destroyed?

Yes, a Cossack unit will count as 1 VB when ordered to exit the battlefield in such scenarios.
Note, if units must retreat, they can´t use the retreat to leave the battlefield and must stop on board edge and loose blocks as normal, for each hex, they can´t retreat.

Tags: Expansion 2, Banners: 8, Army: French, Army: Russian, Special Rule: Exit VB, Special Rule: Mother Russia

Print Email

Hawkmoon-von-Köln replied the topic: #1124 4 years 2 weeks ago
OK
I'm a little bit disappointed...
Imagine a PBMRR with only CAV or FLags, it will be very easy for the russian side to escape the cossack troops enroled, placing them on the left side...
But as an official answer, we have to play that way.
Thanks
Greetings from Le Mans
Bayernkini replied the topic: #1123 4 years 2 weeks ago
Ok, here the answer,
Alessandro will add it to the FAQ also :)

Question: Count the Cossacks in the scenario Golymin (also in other scenarios, in which "off board" evading units counts as VP), as Victory Point too, because they don´t count as Victory Point if they are destroyed?

Answer:
Yes, a Cossack unit will count as 1 VB when ordered to exit the battlefield in such scenarios.
Note, if units must retreat, they can´t use the retreat to leave the battlefield and must stop on board edge and loose blocks as normal, for each hex, they can´t retreat.
Bayernkini replied the topic: #1120 4 years 3 weeks ago
Interested question,
we will check this

Request sent :)
Hawkmoon-von-Köln replied the topic: #1117 4 years 3 weeks ago
I have a question about this scenario :
What happens if the russian player gets cossacks when rolling PBMRR ?
Are these units counting for VM when evding from the left russian side like the others ?
For me (but not for my game partner), it seems that cossacks don't count VM when they are destroyed by the Frenchs so they can't make VM for the russian side...
Am I right (or wrong) ?
Mark-McG replied the topic: #994 4 years 3 months ago
played this one out this evening. Russians won, but it was 8-7. French must attack with gay abandon, no prepared assaults, just on the run.
Bayernkini replied the topic: #993 4 years 3 months ago
We should wait at least one year and see the battle results then,
but i assume, also in the russian expansion are a few outbalanced scenarios.

I hope, not to much, as in the spanish expansion :whistle:
Mark-McG replied the topic: #992 4 years 3 months ago
Russian opening hand LGM is a game winner in this one.

Random Quote

Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals.~Napoleon