TC01 Raszyn (19 April 1809)
Raszyn - 19 April 1809
The Battle of Raszyn was fought between armies of the Austrian Empire and the Duchy of Warsaw, as part of the War of the Fifth Coalition in the Napoleonic Wars. The Austrians were defeated. The Austrian army under Archduke Ferdinand Karl Joseph of Austria-Este invaded the Duchy of Warsaw in April 1809. Polish troops under Prince Józef Antoni Poniatowski withstood the Austrians' attack on Warsaw, defeating them at Radzymin, and reconquered parts of former Poland, including Kraków and Lwów, by beating the Austrians near the villages of Góra and Grochów. For this victory, Poniatowski was presented with the grand-aigle de la Légion d'Honneur, a saber of honor, and a lancer's shako.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
Commander: Archduke Ferdinand d'Este
5 x Command Cards
Moving from 3rd Austrian Turn
Moving from 5th Austrian Turn
Commander: Prince Józef Poniatowski
6 x Command Cards
9 x Victory Banners for Austrian
7 x Victory Banners for Saxons/Poles
• Jaworowa, Raszyn and Michałowice are Austrian temporary victory banner objective hexes count 1 VP for each (Temporary Victory Banner)
• Pałac hex is Polish/Saxons temporary victory banner objective hex counts 1 VP (Temporary Victory Banner)
• Lasek olszynowy 2 hexes are Polish/Saxons temporary group victory banner objective hexes count 1 VP for 2 hexes (Temporary Group Victory Banner)
• Austrian player can move reinforcement units starting from mentioned turn and has to begin these moves at any hex of first row of Austrian map's side, but according to played command card. Reinforcement units are moving due to standard game rules and move normally from the first hex they moved on board.
Reinforcment at 3rd Austrian turn: LDR d´Este, LDR Speth, 1x LC, 1x CU, 1x FA, 2x LN
Reinforcement at 5th Austrian turn: LDR Mondet, 1x LN, 1x FA
• Saxon commander impacts on Saxon units only, Polish commanders impact on Polish units only.
• Polish or Saxon units forced to withdraw through their edge of map, but only due to melee result, are allowed to do this, but cannot return onto map. They are not counted to Austrian VP.
Use french blocks for Polish and yellow blocks for Saxon troops and apply all french rules for both.
• Mrowa is a fordable river.
• If no side gains required amount of VP the battle is draw.
• Polish/Saxon player starts with 1x "First Strike" and 1x "Counterattack" cards on hand
• Austrian player starts with 1x "Bombard" card on hand.