601 Austerlitz (2 December 1805) Sokolnitz & Telnitz
Austerlitz (2 December 1805) Sokolnitz & Telnitz
Napoleon’s plan at Austerlitz depended on the Allies taking the bait and attacking the French right. Once the Allied attack was underway, Soult would attack the Allied center. The Allies, observing the weakness of the French right saw the opportunity to sweep round the French flank. Once on the French flank, the Allied plan was to take their four Allied columns to turn North and drive the main French army from the field. The Allied plan depended on quickly overrunning the French right, but the terrain was highly favorable to the defenders, and the French would defend tenaciously.
Around 8:00 AM on December 2, the first Allied columns began hitting the French right near the village of Telnitz. Taking the village, they threw the French back across Goldbach Stream.
Slightly to the north, the second Allied column hit Sokolnitz, but was repulsed. Bringing forward his artillery, General Count Louis de Langéron succeeded in taking the village, while a third Allied column assaulted the castle (walled farm). The French defenders were on the verge of giving way, but help was close at hand. The lead division of Davout’s III Corps had arrived.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
• Commander: Buxhöwden
• 5 Command Cards
• 3 Tactician Cards
• Move First
• Commander: Legrand
• 5 Command Cards
• 5 Tactician Cards
• The Allied player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner at the start of the turn for each building hex occupied.
• The Allied player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner at the start of the turn for each unit across the Goldbach Stream, excluding Cossack units or units occupying buildings.
• The French player gains 2 Temporary Victory Banners at the start of the turn if the Allies do not occupy any building hexes. The French start with 2 Victory Banners.
• The Goldbach Stream does not stop movement and there is no battle dice reduction battling into the stream. Units that battle out will fight at -1 die.
• The Satschan Mere is impassable.
• Pre-Battle Mother Russia Roll is in effect. Saber and cavalry rolls have no effect.
If the Allies manage to occupy a building hex, the French chances recede considerably with the loss of the 2 temp victory markers, as the Allies have so many more units to allow weak units to be replaced, whilst the French are worn down.