Inspired Infantry Leader

More
8 years 9 months ago #3621 by alecrespi
INSPIRED INFANTRY LEADER

Inspired Infantry Leader

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3622 by Tarheel
Replied by Tarheel on topic Inspired Infantry Leader
okay, so lets say I attack with infantry and leader force and target is cavalry. It elects to retire and reform. My thought is that this card may be played and used. Rulebook says that you are calculating melee dice when attacking retreating cavalry. You agree?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Tarheel.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3624 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic Inspired Infantry Leader

Rulebook says that you are calculating melee dice when attacking retreating cavalry

Not sure, what you exact means with this part, it´s indifferent, the IIL card speaking of an advance and second attack.

My dice are the hell!

More
7 years 10 months ago #3625 by Bangla
Replied by Bangla on topic Inspired Infantry Leader
Yes, but the rulebook says the Infantry can't take ground with retire and reform. So I would say this card can NOT be played in such a situation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3626 by Bayernkini
From the Retire&Reform section:

The attacking infantry may Take Ground after a cavalry unit vacates the hex.

page 16, right colum,
it seems, i have another rulebook ;)

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3627 by Bangla
Replied by Bangla on topic Inspired Infantry Leader
Just checked and you're right ... of course! I think one or two of us have been playing that one wrong since we started. I'm amazed I haven't questioned anyone during an online game. Perhaps it didn't come up.
But in that case, then surely the Inspired Infantry Leader card would result in the unit being able to take ground and them mèlée again? Obviously, there's no extra movement as per Cavalry Breakthrough, so the retiring cavalry unit would be safe from a second attack in that turn though.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3628 by Bayernkini

so the retiring cavalry unit would be safe from a second attack in that turn though.

The CAV yes (if this card is allowed to play, i check it), but you must not attack same unit again, if you advance and battles again with this TC ;)

My dice are the hell!

More
7 years 10 months ago #3629 by TheMP
Replied by TheMP on topic Inspired Infantry Leader
Bangla, I don't think anybody has been playing R&R wrong that I've seen. Its just you've decided never to advance I guess?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3630 by sebringellis
Now i'm not sure on this guys.
1) is the Cavalry Retire and Reform actually a RETREAT action? The rule book states it VACATES the hex.It does not stay and fight in the melee.So i feel the Inspired Infantry Leader could not be played,as the Cavalry Unit has neither retreated or been eliminated.It has VACATED using a special action.
2) So-Is the Retire and Reform a RETREAT action? I'm not sure.

3)At no time is the Cavalry Unit described as retreating in the Rule Book.It Is is described as RETIRING.

4)If we insist it has RETREATED, a Retire and Reform action could involve retiring to only ONE hex if occupied by a Leader.Thus the Cavalry Unit could be attacked again by means of this Tactitian Card.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by sebringellis.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3631 by Bayernkini
Q:

"An ordered Infantry unit with an attached LEADER, after a melee combat in which the enemy unit is either eliminated or retreats from its hex, may take ground and may make a second melee combat."
Can an INF with attached Leader use this card also after an attack to an opponent Cavalry, which retire&reform?

A:
Yes, because an infantry unit can Take Ground after the cavalry unit vacates the hex (retire&reform rules).
(Richard Borg: 2016 - 05- 23)

In this case, a logical answer....

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Bayernkini.

Time to create page: 0.789 seconds