Detaching from a general

More
1 year 9 months ago #7830 by Easyred2
Another quirk move showed up on a game replay.  

A command card is played and the player detaches from a leader to move up an infantry unit lleaving the attached general behind alone in the hex.  Seems to me it requires 2 activations.  One command to detach the general, and another separate command to the infantry moving on its own.  During videos, it appeared players were just detaching with no separate command given to the general to detach.  Only one command activation was used to move the infantry units up etc after detachment.

Am I wrong about requiring 2 activations to detach the leader and move the unit?  In these cases the leader never moved from the original "attached" hex.  He was simply left behind

reading the basic rules I found no example etc discussing the cost

Thanks all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #7831 by Hawkmoon
Replied by Hawkmoon on topic Detaching from a general
Yes : 2 activations
One for the remaining leader in the starting hex
A second for the moving infantry

More
1 year 9 months ago #7833 by Easyred2
Replied by Easyred2 on topic Detaching from a general
Thanks for verification.
How about the number of hexes, 3 adjacent to the commander, plus the one with the commander itself making possible 4 combat units? Or is it max of 3 units?

Ponder that and lets see what everyone thinks

More
1 year 9 months ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #7834 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic Detaching from a general

Another quirk move showed up on a game replay.  

A command card is played and the player detaches from a leader to move up an infantry unit lleaving the attached general behind alone in the hex.  Seems to me it requires 2 activations.  One command to detach the general, and another separate command to the infantry moving on its own.  During videos, it appeared players were just detaching with no separate command given to the general to detach.  Only one command activation was used to move the infantry units up etc after detachment.

www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/th...r-your-units-leaders
2nd dot point covers EXACTLY your question. 

where are these videos that you are looking at? They seem to be leading you astray.
The written rules are pretty clear on this, and it strikes me that some video replay is a secondary source, and apparently a very suspect secondary source.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]
Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by alecrespi.

More
1 year 9 months ago #7851 by Easyred2
Replied by Easyred2 on topic Detaching from a general
Thanks Mark

You confirmed what I have read as well
As to the site, I will not specify as the effort the players made is superb in the posting, even with some oversights that we all can make during game times. I would hate to come across as bashing great and interesting replays. I just wanted the rule clarified and I can then pass on to the game manager offline
This is a terrific game that has great people like you supporting it.

More
1 year 8 hours ago #8374 by bartok
Replied by bartok on topic Detaching from a general
4 units

Time to create page: 1.123 seconds