As I see here many interest for the Epic scenarios and projects of futur non official Epic scenarios, my questions are:
1) Do you agree that the Epic scenarios must be created for the players that only own one single box per expansion? (While the LGB sadly request sometimes to own two copies of the core game or expansions ... )
2) After some tries, were are we suppose to find the futur Epic creations? Here on the scenario list of this website or on Vassal first?
TY - GG
1) I would say that this is good practice, but not compulsory. Generally consider the Epic version a one of everything option.
2) Not sure what the question is about, official scenarios or fan created one?
Official Epic Scenarios I suspect will not be very frequent, the indications are that there is a future LGB module in the works, so I see Epic as 'finished' in the sense of a product, and encourage fan scenarios.
Fan Epic scenarios don't need control, does it matter if there are 3 EPIC Waterloo versions? I'd hope to see all listed on this website, but there will inevitably some made on BGG and other places.
One thing I would urge is that designers get a Special Rule editor. Nothing discourages play more than lengthy Special Rules, so simple and short Special Rules seem to make a big difference to uptake. Obviously players can play whatever they like, but if it is for publication, it will go better if the Special rules are not onerous and clearly written.
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
TY Mark but I think I was not clear with my questions (sorry for my poor english) because some of your answers are strangely on different points LOL!
1) I think we are numerous to hope to be able to play any Epic scenario with a single collection of the core game & expansions ...
2) I was only speaking about the fan scenarios for sure and no question to limit any battle to a single author! LOL ... Just to know were to look for them in priority? I completely agree with you about the special rules: They must be few, simple and if possible using special rule mecanisms already used in official scenarios!