FG01 Alentejo (May / June 1801)

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #6072 by Mark-McG
I'm very much onboard with points 1 &2, it looks like an interesting adaption of the Napoleonic theme

but I think CCN is tactical in scale, whereas the distance here are operational.

Perhaps a scenario on the two Spanish divisions attacking Campo Maior, stoutly defended by the Portuguese garrison under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Dias Azevedo, in the same manner as Hougemont and Placenoit was done

certainly looks impressive

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Mark-McG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #6073 by Hawkmoon
Yes, it might be interesting. Remember that Campo Maior has resisted 17 days. When I will get time, I will do it with Guillaume's help. I have another project with the Portuguese attack from Chaves, Trás-os-Montes in northern Portugal to Verín in southern Galiza and the Spanish counterattack.
Maybe two scenarios possible.

I understand your point of view about the scale.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #6074 by GG
Replied by GG on topic FG01 Alentejo (May / June 1801)
I understand too.
For me it's sure that I'm not a wargamer but a boardgamer.
So while I created 6 scenarios and did participate in this last one I must admit that I did never check the scales. As long as the towns and leaders names are truly historic, the type, placement and quantity of units are truly historic and as long as the special rules match with the historic special circumstances: I am happy with it.
Here is the list of my scenarios and I hope their scales are more or less OK. For sure my GG05 Epic Leipzig is a huge scale but I knew it and did add several very special rules to compensate. But I tested them many time to but sur of the most important think in my opinion: THEY ARE BALANCED AND VERY FUNNY TO PLAY! Best regards - GG
[img
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by GG.

Time to create page: 1.118 seconds