GG03 Waterloo Epic (18 June 1815)

• proyce
  • Long time war gamer. Started with all the old Avalon Hill games back in the 60's.
More
4 years 9 months ago #5861 by proyce
Hi again GG. Both times I have played this scenario the French have been looking like winners, but had to push hard to get more banners before the Prussians arrive. First time the Prussians did not arrive until turn 13, but it was enough for the Allies to win 15-14. Second time Prussians arrived turn 10 and the Allies won 15-11, although the British had some very strong dice rolls in the center that crushed a French charge (French had 3 Bayonet Charges in the space of 5 turns).
These results seem historically accurate and both games could have gone either way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #5862 by GG
TYVM for this very useful report!
So I don’t touch anymore the special rules (Just check you are playing the very last ones).
And try out my Epic Berezina & Leipzig: I love them - GG
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by GG.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #5880 by Hawkmoon
Hi GG, We've been playing the return of our April Games Festival, Guillaume "Borodino's Butcher" Ambroise as the Allied against I.
Despite the powerful arrival of Blücher and his Prussians, the French retreated on their right side (having occuped Papelotte only one turn with a weakened Young Guard unit and having Jaquinot killed by devastating Fire & Hold) with order and resisted to let the central part of their Army occupy La Haye Sainte and "clean" the battlefield specially with the Heavy Guard Cavalry very lucky when in charge.
On the left flank, Hougoumont was occupied a few turns by a Light Infantry unit which was destroyed by the Guard Grenadiers who made a great job.
French Old Guard and Napoleon have waited all the game for the final decision but it wasn't necessary...
To end my words, I would say that it is very important to join Art units to make Grand Battery to increase Artillery Firepower (especially when you pick up 2 Bombard cards !!!)
The score was 15/11 for the French side.
Vive l'Empereur !
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Hawkmoon. Reason: error

More
4 years 8 months ago #5881 by GG
TY for the report > Check if you are playing the very last rules of this scenario (as posted on the bottom page 2 of this thread)!
GG

More
3 years 7 months ago #6524 by RamyRock
15 British banners vs 8 French Banners (1 for the temporary banner from Papelotte. My first impression is that the Prussians arrive too early. In any case it is a great map, thanks for your work!

More
3 years 7 months ago #6578 by GG
TY Ramy for the word! Look the stats: The French side has all his chances ;)

More
2 years 10 months ago #7181 by R4mello10
Looking forward to play this scenario which looks amazing!! Just one thing I don’t understand..should the first wave of Prussians be coming at 7 or at 9?

More
2 years 10 months ago #7182 by Mark-McG

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
2 years 10 months ago #7187 by R4mello10
Ok thank you! I asked because in one of the comments from the scenario’s designer was actually written that all Prussians should have come in after 9 rounds..probably it was just an older version which has been adapted after some play testing..

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #7188 by GG
Hello R4mello, TY for playing my scenario!
Yes those were old comments. You know we need sometime many testing sessions before being sure of any balance.
So the scenario is now the most balanced I could do, even if we all think it's unbalanced when we loose on any side (including me) lol!
Enjoy! GG - City of Tours - France
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by GG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ANDRE

Time to create page: 0.912 seconds