GG04 Berezina Epic (27/28 November 1812)

More
5 years 6 months ago #5404 by alecrespi
Historical BackgroundMother Nature continued to side...

GG04 Berezina Epic (27/28 November 1812)

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #5405 by GG
I love this battle - The only point is we play it with 6 sections and 2vs2 so the right french player can use the center & right cdt cards to exit and it's balanced but i donno the balance if you guys play it with the official 3 sections - Can't wait for your reports!

More
5 years 6 months ago #5406 by Hawkmoon
Seems great !!!!

Hope some day we will meet to play it !

More
5 years 6 months ago #5427 by GG
To be said: We use to play this scenario 2 vs 2 with a map of 6 SECTIONS (3 per player!) having the right french player concentrate on leaving the field while the left player is concentrate on evacuating the left bank and it is balanced this way. The point is playing it with this official 3 sections map may create problems for the French to achieve both strategy with efficiency? Just try it out and let me know!
Regards - Marechal d'Empire GG

More
5 years 6 months ago #5435 by GG
Please try it out with this little change in the special rules: "Any French INFANTRY unit or Leader eliminated counts as 2 Victory Points for the Russian Army"
I'll check that with Alessandro.

More
2 years 10 months ago #7193 by GG
Hello! Please always consider the rules written in "Special Rules" as the latest official. Disregard old posts in the threads below. Enjoy the battle - GG

More
6 months 3 days ago #10171 by Mark-McG
Played a rather thrilling game of this scenario today..French won 18-16, but made a comeback from being 12-3 down at lunchtime. My guess is that the Russian infantry came too close, coupled with the shrunken perimeter of French units on the eastern bank (shrunken by losses). French lost every unit on the left flank (Girard & Fournier), but Victor held steady. Meanwhile Napoleon sparred with Chichagov, and then attacked to seal the match.

One question arose..does a unit on the bridge count as 1 or 2 Victory Points. Considering the special rule literally the bridge is not on the left bank..

3 French units exited, including 1 straggler.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

Time to create page: 1.590 seconds