MD02 Vimiero BT (21 August 1808)

More
13 years 2 months ago #134 by alecrespi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #144 by AronBC
I think the scenario could use some notes on the special "Breaktrhough" cards. I wasn't familiar with the M'44 rules on this subject. Perhaps as something as simple as:

This scenario makes use of some modified cards, which have a printed "On the Move" value. When playing such a card the normal number of units are ordered as listed on the Section Card to move and/or battle as normal. These cards also order a number of units "On the Move". Units that are On the Move may be ordered in ANY section of the battlefield. They move as normal, but may not battle this turn.

The above was extracted from Chris Roper's explanation of these cards, found here: www.ccnapoleonics.net/index.php?option=c...id=6&id=65&Itemid=56

More
13 years 2 months ago #147 by alecrespi
Thank you Aron,
added some "notes" to underline that particular behaviour.

Alessandro - Website Admin

More
12 years 6 months ago #550 by Freeloading-Phill
Played this tonight against Badger. I won 8-7 as the French after a hard fought back and forth battle that could really have gone either way in the end.

I had a line unit in Vimiero for one turn but other then that it never looked threatened. :blush:

Great fun and it looked good on the Memoir'44 breakthrough board with my small 3d terrain additions.

Phill

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #2294 by TRK27
Got to play this yesterday - it went pretty well, all things considered!

We played to 8 banners and had a narrow French victory, 8-7, but were somewhat disappointed as the main armies hadn't really clashed by the time that happened, it having been mainly a cavalry and artillery engagement. So we decided to keep playing to 12 banners, and the French still eventually won 12 - 10 after taking the town.

It did take forever, though, even when we just played to 8 banners, and it felt like 90 percent of gameplay was like the first 20 percent of a regular Napoleonics game, where you're closing the gap, concentrating forces, and jostling for position. It took what seemed like Eons for the French to move their entire line up, and the British, having very little motivation to come off the hills, spent most of their time doing a lot of nothing.

I think Breakthrough rules as written may be better suited for Memoir, where all infantry behave like Light Infantry and so can move 2 spaces when ordered on the move. I may try a simple rule saying that non-light infantry ordered "on the move" may move 2 spaces, and hand-wave it by saying that they're still in column and haven't yet gotten close enough to deploy into line. It would certainly speed up games and add an interesting new dynamic.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by TRK27.

Time to create page: 0.949 seconds