416 Laon - French Right (9&10 March 1814)

More
9 years 5 months ago #2051 by alecrespi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7154 by LARS
8-6 win for the Prussians. Marmont was finally overwhelmed but Prussian casualties were tremendous.

More
2 years 4 months ago #7591 by kostas63
Vittoria Francese 8-7. I francesi terminano l'occupazione di Athies, pur sapendo che presto avranno a che fare con i granatieri di Von Horn. I prussiani non hanno fretta vista la superiorità numerica e preferiscono avanzare in massa nel centro. Poi, come previsto, Von Horn assalta la città ma la situazione si complica e i francesi, pur perdendo una parte dell'abitato, tengono duro sulle posizioni di partenza. Nansouty manda i corazzieri d'appoggio nel centro e avanza con la Guardia. Sulla destra Mortier decide che ne ha abbastanza, abbandona Athies e ripiega con i pochi rimasti. Nel centro i prussiani hanno la meglio ma a parità di perdite la battaglia viene decisa da una carica dei cavalleggeri della Guardia che eliminano sulla loro sinistra una batteria a cavallo prussiana.

More
8 months 5 days ago #10007 by rkeffert
Played this through twice as a solo game, generaling the Prussians first and then the French. The game is definitely more fun for the Prussians with the heft to deliver a knockout, whereas the French are more likely to win through attrition of the Prussian attacks. In both games the Prussian left swept through Athies to pressure the French center. There are some potent French forces on the French left (the three guard units and the cuirassiers) but they did not significantly factor into the battle either time (missed opportunity perhaps?). Prussian wins were 8/6 and 8/4. I thoroughly enjoyed the scenario solo, but might find it less enjoyable if I had to play the French side against a live opponent.

Time to create page: 0.858 seconds