401 Schleiz (9 October 1806)

More
9 years 4 months ago #2030 by alecrespi

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #2075 by Bayernkini
After first few games on both sides, i believe, this one is a first
good balanced prussian scenario :)

But i fear, second scenario is already a outbalanced :dry:

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #2490 by toddrew
Played this as the French against a newer player who valiantly stood and fought rather than take the escape victory banners. I see this as a Prussian victory more times than not if the prussians focus on escaping - cards being the deciding factor as they usually are on escape condition scenarios.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by toddrew.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2493 by john
Replied by john on topic 401 Schleiz (9 October 1806)
Thanks for all your help with Vassal Todd! And thanks for the game ! Yes I think the cards really decide this even if one stays and fights as Prussian. You , as French, get 2 Victory banners for Schleiz so that and a few Prussian dead Units lets you win so I decided to slow you down in getting at least those two! Also to win purely by escaping I need to get 10 units off the board which is almost all my army once I would get 5 units off you can quickly overwhelm me. I look forward to swapping sides with you!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #2501 by john
Replied by john on topic 401 Schleiz (9 October 1806)
Won my rematch as French this time

More
8 years 7 months ago #2966 by Kramaric
This was my first Prussian scenario and I am unlikely to play it ever again. I lost as French without a single victory point scored. My opponent got the first point after my leader fell from the horse with two sabres rolled and then fled the field with grande maneuvre card. I could not get my units to reach the city on my left flank before the game was over.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2968 by Mark-McG

Kramaric wrote: This was my first Prussian scenario and I am unlikely to play it ever again. I lost as French without a single victory point scored. My opponent got the first point after my leader fell from the horse with two sabres rolled and then fled the field with grande maneuvre card. I could not get my units to reach the city on my left flank before the game was over.

Whilst this can be a problem with the LGM card, on the whole this is one of the better scenarios in the Prussian expansion, and certainly of the 1806 scenarios. It is worth playing a second time.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
7 years 6 months ago #3851 by LNAGary
This is a quick, well balanced scenario, not bad but very vulnerable to drawing good cards. As the Prussians, I drew Grande Manoeuvre and won quickly. Then we switched and as the French I drew Bayonet Charge and won quickly.

So if you want a "quick and dirty", fun game where luck will play a big role, this scenario can be nice, otherwise I think it's better to avoid it.

More
3 years 9 months ago #6507 by kostas63
Vittoria Francese 5-3. I francesi di Werle ricevono subito l'ordine di "Caricare alla Baionetta" per liberare i boschi di Oschitz e sebbene sottoposti ad un fuoco micidiale eseguono il loro compito brillantemente. A quel punto Tauentzien temendo lo spirito combattivo francese da' l'ordine di ritirata generale, lasciando solo alle unita' del centro l'incarico di contrastare l'avanzata francese. Visto che i prussiani oppongono poca resistenza le unita' di Drouet occupano facilmente Schleiz e portano a casa la vittoria.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6730 by Hexagoon
Played it twice, both narrow French victories. I found it a good balance for the Prussians, retreat too fast to gain VPs and you leave the town and woods open for the French to grab cheap Banners and your remaining units are unsupported and can be picked off. A sacrificial defence of Schleitz nearly worked, as did a quick retreat, but not quite. The French need to get stuff forward to pin the Prussians and eliminate some units before they retire, without leaving units isolated and vulnerable. Both games were in the balance.

Time to create page: 0.983 seconds