013 Combat at Aire (2 March 1814)

More
13 years 3 months ago #100 by alecrespi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #606 by apergis1@verizon.net
“Combat at Aire” is a Base Game Official Scenario.

We have discovered three errors in the directions for the scenario here.

1. Map: The Portuguese unit in the top row, four (4) hexes from the left should be a LC not a HC.

2. Map: The French unit in the third row, five (5) hexes from the right should be a LT not a LI.

3. Portuguese order of battle: There should be two (2) Portuguese leaders, not one (1).

More
12 years 3 months ago #607 by alecrespi
Thank you for this note.
Everything should be fixed right now.

Alessandro - Website Admin

More
12 years 3 months ago #613 by apergis1@verizon.net
:) Thanks, your corrections look great.

FYI. My regular CCN partner and I have played this scenario six times. For us it is a very balanced scenario. Both sides have one it three times. In four of the games the final score was six banners to five.

One of the features of the C&C series that we like is that one can play a game several times in one session. Last Friday we played this particular scenarion three times in one evening.

More
12 years 2 months ago #648 by apergis1@verizon.net
We are getting so used to this scenario we managed to get off six games tonight. Final tally 3-3. In four of the games the final scores were 6 banners to 5.

We have played the last four scenarios (We started with Waterloo and are working our way backwards). So far we think that this is the most interesting scenario we have played so far.

More
12 years 2 months ago #662 by apergis1@verizon.net
We are really getting used to this. Between four of us alternating, we played it nine (9) times today!!!

Final tally: French 5 victories; English 4.

More
12 years 2 months ago #681 by apergis1@verizon.net
Report on latest 'Combat at Aire' marathon:

Boy did we get some weird results this week. :blink:

We managed to get in six games and five of them were blowouts. Also the French won four of the six games.

The wildest was the last game we played that was a British Victory. I was commanding the French. For the first time the Portuguese successfully mounted a full scale assault on the French center and annihilated it. When the game ended there was only one French Unit left in the center.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3500 by sebringellis
Replied by sebringellis on topic no subject
question answered
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by sebringellis. Reason: correction

More
7 years 2 months ago #4446 by Fortesque
Defeated my wife 6 - 2 as the British, after her Bayonet Charge killed one block with 4 connecting infantry units and I copied her card, really hitting home. She didn't get disheartened though and defeated me 6 - 1 on Vimiero on the next day.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #7119 by LARS
A fascinating scenario. Early on it appeared that Hill would win easily. But the constant attrition wore down many units and a quick thinking Harispe lead a brilliant combined arms attack. French win 6-3. Block losses French 24 Allies 26.

Time to create page: 1.242 seconds