Tacticians cards - starting hand set throughout the game?

More
8 years 3 months ago #3199 by Achtung Panzer
I know the starting hamd size reflects the C-in-C ability but the fact that there is no upper limit means that the Spanish could over the course of the game be just as tactically gifted as Napoleon - which seems odd historically.

Perhaps a varient is to have the starting hand limit set throughout the scenario?

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #3200 by TheMP
That might turn out to be double-dipping?
By that I mean that first of all most Spanish armies will be hampered by less command cards. Then they will be hampered by lesser stalwart troops, and then they are going to be hit again with lesser of something else to the French. By doing that, it might make the gap too big?

I could be wrong of course, but I am using the formula of taking from one to give to the other. In other words, if we both have 50% access to a resource and I increase mine by 10% at your expense. Then instead of a 10% lead over you, its jumped to 20%. (60 v 40),

Or put another way. Whereas we were equal in resources, a 10% swing of the whole toward me, now means I am getting half as much more than you will ever get. Quite a huge jump from a zero advantage.

Hopefully the physicist wargame designers get the tweeking just right LOL
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by TheMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Achtung Panzer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.823 seconds