A few questions

More
5 years 2 months ago #2948 by Sringoot
A few questions was created by Sringoot
Just a few things:

- When using cavalry charge, is it correct that orderd HA units do not get the +1 ?

- When an artillery is next to an enemy unit, and that enemy unit is being attacked by a inf/cav, can the artillery do a combined attack using it's melee value? Or do you need to be 1 hex apart. Nowhere in the rules is this mentionned but it made us wonder.

- When retreating, do you have to retreat if possible or can you deliberatly bounce against a friendly unit and take 1 block casualty.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2950 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic A few questions
Just a few thing beforehand B)
Read the rules as they are written. Don´t interprete any into the rules.
My experience, that general players, which plays also more complicated boardgames,
do this ;)

- When using cavalry charge, is it correct that orderd HA units do not get the +1 ?

Card text:
Issue an order to 4 or fewer CAVALRY or horse artillery units.
Ordered cavalry units battle with 1 additional die the entire turn.
Ordered guard cavalry battle with 2 additional dice the entire turn.

Ordered heavy cavalry units may move 3 hexes and still battle.
Horse artillery units may move and battle normally.
This question really don´t need any answer! Or i am wrong? ;)

- When an artillery is next to an enemy unit, and that enemy unit is being attacked by a inf/cav, can the artillery do a combined attack using it's melee value? Or do you need to be 1 hex apart. Nowhere in the rules is this mentionned but it made us wonder.

Concerning my "beforehand" words. Is there any (only one word) in the rules,
which says, that the combined ART must be at least 2hex away from the target?
I dont know/find such a word.
So this should also not need a answer, but indifferent of this, the answer is
"the ART may also combine attacks as melee"

- When retreating, do you have to retreat if possible or can you deliberatly bounce against a friendly unit and take 1 block casualty.

General the player must retreat, but can choose the way of retreat, but if he have choosen once a path, who would block a 2nd/3rd hex, then he loose indeed blocks.
I add some examples (must change to IE).

In the example, the LT have attacked the LC and rolled 3 flags.

-The LC can´t choose as first hex (red arrow) the path to their LN, to prevent further retreating of costs of lost blocks

So the first hex is clear, it must retreat/use the first possible hex.

-The LC can now choose, which patch they want go on. to the left or right green arrow.
If they choose now the right green arrow path, a 3rd retreat hex would blocked then with the LN and LT,
and the LC would loose 1 block because of the non moved/retreated 3rd hex.

- But the LC could also choose the left green arrow as second retreat hex and then they would free for the
3rd retreat hex also.

My dice are the hell!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2952 by Sringoot
Replied by Sringoot on topic A few questions
Not ever interpreting anything would be stupid. Just by reading a few posts on this forum, I'v seen errata being added to previously unclear or badly worded content. If those people never interpreted, asked questions and wondered if it was correct the way they read it, everyone would still be playing certain scenarios wrong.

Thanks for the answers, but there is no need for that tone in the first lines. There is no way for a player to understand these rules 100% without asking/looking up some stuff. For example for the second question there's a lot of lines to drig through, to search for a word to not be somewhere. I did that. Still I think I could have overlooked it, so I'm asking the question on this forum.

Your type of answers is really not pleasant. If anything you will scare people into asking anything on this forum. If you want to be a forum answering guy, do not do it like that. Next time don't reply to me like that, thanks.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2959 by Tarheel
Replied by Tarheel on topic A few questions
i dont think his intent was to offend. I think the answer came across that way due to english not being his first language and the nuances of tone went unnoticed. He is a good guy :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Achtung-Panzer

More
5 years 2 months ago #2960 by Achtung-Panzer
Replied by Achtung-Panzer on topic A few questions

Tarheel wrote: i dont think his intent was to offend. I think the answer came across that way due to english not being his first language and the nuances of tone went unnoticed. He is a good guy :)

100% agree on all of the above - we owe Michael a great deal.

But I have found that playing the game and re-reading rules literally a few times, did clear up most of my misunderstandings. C&C:N is a simple yet subtle game.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2962 by Grondeaux
Replied by Grondeaux on topic A few questions
Amen to the last two posts.

You lose a lot the subtle nuances of communication--like tone of voice and body language--- when you only have words to look at. I'm sure this is just a case of the words not coming across the way they were intended. The folks on this board are a pretty civilized bunch!
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Grondeaux.

Time to create page: 0.789 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:824
  • Latest Member:mwitz
  • Total Posts:6666
  • Total Topics:751
  • Total Sections:2
  • Total Categories:14
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:2
  • Yesterday Answer:1

Top Posters

Top Posters Posts
Bayernkini 1103
Mark-McG 913
Tarheel 257
GG 180
TheMP 175

Top Thanks

Top Thanks Thanks
Bayernkini 312
Mark-McG 81
GG 16
Grambo589 14
Tarheel 13

Random Quote

There are certain things in war of which the commander alone comprehends the importance. Nothing but his superior firmness and ability can subdue and surmount all difficulties.~Napoleon