Militia Infantry (MI)

More
12 years 11 months ago #6771 by alecrespi

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6772 by RiverWanderer
Replied by RiverWanderer on topic Militia Infantry (MI)
According to the charts (published 2013 and 2014), French Militia moving fire is round UP.

The same charts make no mention of retreat distance, which would normally imply 1 hex per flag.
However, I notice that the retreat rules state that Militia units are 3 hex per flag. It seems a bit redundant to have that information embedded in the rules when the Nationality charts are the prime reference. Was it an oversight on the French chart to omit this detail or was an exception made for the Revolutionary Fervour of the French townsfolk ?

More
3 years 5 months ago #6773 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic Militia Infantry (MI)
I'm opting for an omission in the charts, and by the Spanish expansion, the retreat distance for Spanish militia is in the notes.

It is stated in the rules that militia retreat 3 hexes per flag

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
3 years 4 months ago #6814 by RiverWanderer
Thanks Mark; I agree it is "hard-coded" in the rules that is what gave me pause for thought.

Your reply prompted me to check base game charts that I had stored away (2010 printing); lo and behold those charts do have French Militia down as a 3 hex retreat. So it is an omission in subsequent printings - in compliance with with GMT's errata policy of "one out, one in" :)

More
3 years 4 months ago #6815 by RiverWanderer
for completeness:

The charts in the Russian expansion also show a 3 hex retreat for French MI and, like the other charts, has them rounding Up in moving ranged combat.

Russian MI on the other hand, do round down, unlike other Russian units.

Time to create page: 0.907 seconds