Kalisch, what battle is it ?

More
4 years 9 months ago #5849 by Hawkmoon
Since I have read the description of the battles of the 7th expansion, I've seen the name of Kalisch and I asked Internet about it. I encountered a french site with the description of the battle and its reconstitution in 25 mm.
www.planete-napoleon.com/docs/1813.SC.Kalisch.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #5853 by Mark-McG
I also knew nothing of this battle, and it seems mostly a rearguard action to thwart the Russian pursuit

napolun.com/mirror/napoleonistyka.atspac...htm#saxonsvsrussians

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
4 years 9 months ago #5857 by RiverWanderer
I also found this synopsis, here :-

"INTRODUCTION
This battle is the last of the ill-fated 1812 Russian Campaign or the start of the 1813 Spring Campaign.
The pursuing Russian forces, leaded by Winzigerode, caught up the retiring Reynier's VII Corps. That Corps was relatively intact, after forming part of the French-Austrian right-flanking column under Schwarzenberg, and was a multinational force composed from Saxons, French and Wurzburgers formed in three divisions. At the time of the battle, it was reduced to around 9,000 infantrymen, 800 Saxon horse and 36 guns (not including some low-calibre regimental pieces). In addition, around Kalisz were 3,000 Polish infantry levies and 300 Krakus cavalry.
The pursuing Russians, under Winzigerode, included the 2nd Infantry Corps of Eugene of Wurtemberg, the ad-hoc Bachmetiev’s Infantry Reserve corps and a large cavalry force under Trubezskoi and Lanskoi. The total force amounted to 6,000 infantry and 6,500 cavalry (mainly Cossacks) "

Maybe a show-case scenario for the "French Allies" counters ?

Time to create page: 0.940 seconds