Lagarde Michaël 38 / 281
Horts David 31 / 269
Gourion Bernard 30 / 254
Diaz Rodrigo 29 / 271
Millet Stéphane 29 / 213
Vall Miguel 27 / 254
Reynolds Anthony 26 / 282
Somers Fabrice 26 / 255
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Hawkmoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #5484 by Hawkmoon
Replied by Hawkmoon on topic OPJH 2018 Results
Danube Campaign : Medails / Blocks

Puddu Pascal 45 / 251
Vall Miguel 36 / 239
Leliège Jean-Michel 36 / 215
Buffa Paolo Lorenzo 35 / 245
Desnouck André 31 / 213
Diaz Rodrigo 30 / 226
Millet Stéphane 30 / 206
Somers Fabrice 29 / 191
Ambroise Guillaume 28 / 196
Horts David 26 / 237
Reynolds Anthony 25 / 239
Cognée Grégory 25 / 237
Lagarde Michaël 21 / 229
Barbazange Florian 21 / 189
Lecoq Mathis 20 / 252
Gourion Bernard 19 / 231
Fontaine Romain 19 / 230
Gautier Régis 17 / 229

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #5485 by Bangla
Replied by Bangla on topic OPJH 2018 Results
First of all, a big, "Thank you" to François for organising the tournaments. It was difficult for him to keep everyone starting, playing and finishing on time. He looked knackered by the end of it all, and I'm not surprised. I will be back to Paris next year if the event happens again, I hope to see many of the same guys there too, although I would hope the tournament format can be revised.

The block numbers tell (most of) my story at the tournament. They refer to blocks REMAINING, not lost. I had the 3rd highest blocks remaining on day 1, yet finished second to bottom as I never got to grips with the timed games and was always trying to set up the win instead of going for early/quick banners. On day 2, again 3rd highest remaining block count, but finished in the midfield.

Without doubt, playing for only 60-75 minutes per game requires a mind shift. Even a quick game for us normally takes at least 90 minutes to complete. Losing 9-10 was better than winning 6-2, which strikes me as counter-intuitive. I played two excellent games on day one against Miguel Vall, but after an hour of each we drew the first 3-3, and then he was winning 1-0 in the second. Those results turned out to be a killer for both of us. At the time, both of us were assuming a win was more important than banner count, hence the low, tight scores.

Fair play to Pascal Puddu though. I never played against him, but he must've been an excellent player, to get 47 banners out of 48 on day one, and then 45 out of 40 banners on day two. Yes, 45 out of 40, as objectives were scored as banners, and then again as bonuses. Well played to Pascal, finishing 2nd and 1st over the two days.

My plea to François or whomever organises it next year, would be to restrict the weekend to a single two-day tournament, with 8 games over the two days (i/o 12), each played to a finish as the game intends. For those (such as Pascal) who might finish their games early, there was plenty of other stuff to see at the convention. I certainly enjoyed my time looking at the demos of other games, or catching a glimpse of other tournaments being played when I could.

All-in-all, definitely worth a trip to Paris next year for those who can make it.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #5486 by Hawkmoon
Replied by Hawkmoon on topic OPJH 2018 Results
Thank you for enjoying Tony !

I am confused about stressing the participants to play in time but wanted to finish in hour.

I think that we have to change something on the time allowed to the rounds but we have to put a time limit to enhance players to play quickly.

For myself, I like speed-played games. What I like it's my opponent having reflexion while I'm playing.

It was our 1st tournament and we were inspired by our experience on M44. We'll gonna change to give more fun to participants and less stress for the organization. Maybe, we will organize a tournament in Le Mans or Angers.

See you next time !

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #5487 by Bangla
Replied by Bangla on topic OPJH 2018 Results
My own personal taste would be to run a single tournament over the two days, with only 2 scenarios (4 games) per day. Allow the games to play to a finish, with a maximum of, say, 90-105 minutes per game. That would allow there to be 30 minutes to set up again before the next scenario. If players were finished earlier, they'd have time for lunch.

But for me, rather than anything to do with the time, I would say that it's winning the game that counts, not how many banners you get ... unless you play to the normal scenario conclusion. A 5-3 win should always be better than a 9-10 loss. Award a point to the winner of each game, plus a point for the aggregate scores as well (eg win 5-3, lose 3-7, aggregate 8-10, means you would get 1 points and your opponent 2), just as mark McG does in the online tournaments. You might then use Banner count difference as a tie breaker when folks have the same number of points. Anyway, that's my tenpenneth.

If you do have a tourney in Le Mans, let me know and I'd try to come along. I could always combine it with a trip to the race circuit as well :) Guillaume doesn't like tournaments, as you know, but he might still pop along to take some photo's and meet up.

Anyway, hope you're having a well deserved rest at work after all your efforts over the weekend.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #5499 by GG
Replied by GG on topic OPJH 2018 Results
Hello!
For sure the timing is the problem to solve. I agree with a 2 days tourney maybe this way:
- 1 scenario the first day played against 2 opponents (would be 4 battles)
- 2 hours max per scenario would be 8 hours max a day
- Second day another scenario played against two opponents for another 4 battles but the 4 best players are in play-offs (semi finals + little and big final) while the other players (if they want) also battle per groups of 4 or less for the rest of the ranking.
- The point is to find a way for the next player to play at least his card in let's say 30 seconds ...
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by GG.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 1 week ago #5500 by GG
Replied by GG on topic OPJH 2018 Results
But who am I to give advices me who never play tourneys lol?
But if in Le Mans or Angers it would be a crime from me not to participate (as player or photographer)!
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by GG.

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:823
  • Latest Member:KryspinTrych
  • Total Posts:6659
  • Total Topics:751
  • Total Sections:2
  • Total Categories:14
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:0
  • Yesterday Answer:1