Tolentino any one ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #5238 by RiverWanderer
I started work on a Tolentino scenario, using sources found on the internet and information derived from the same scenario in VPG's Hundred Days 20.

I want to play it face to face a few times before I post it up a draft on BGG for further comments, but meanwhile has anyone already worked on this scenario and want to share ideas ? Perhaps someone would like to help play test it on Vassal ?

Also, I am interested in views on mapping the Naples army to existing C&CN units - whether historical information or gameplay experience. I am referencing the order of battle on Wikipedia , so far these are my thoughts...

Guard infantry... use French Light for the Voltigeurs, French Grenadiers for the Velites.
Guard cavalry... French light and lancers.
Line infantry... French line but as conscript (no melee adder), and retreat 2 hexes. Not sure about round up for moving ranged.
Light infantry... use Portuguese line but retreat 2 hexes.
Line cavalry... use Portuguese light cavalry but retreat 2 hexes
Artillery... French foot and French horse artillery

Hope this catches some interest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #5239 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic Tolentino any one ?
I think it sounds interesting, and I don't know of any existing work on the battle.

In terms of Neopolitan army, I'm torn between using a standard French Army (incl. Conscript inf), or possibly a modified Spanish army. I think it depends on the number of units required by the Neopolitans.

is there a map of the battle?

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #5240 by RiverWanderer
Replied by RiverWanderer on topic Tolentino any one ?
Here is the C&CN map I built based on the Map and May 3rd scenario from Hundred Days 20 . I also used google maps and interpretation using descriptions of the battle on Wikipedia and a local history group website .

I may have over-detailed it but on the other hand, it seems to be a fairly rugged battlefield, dominated by a North-South ridge with particularly high ground at the Austrian (south) end. The tributary of the River Chienti is more complex that I captured; instead of using purely river hexes, it seemed more appropriate to use woodland to reflect the defensive features that part of the system may have offered.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by RiverWanderer. Reason: Remove unwanted attachment.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds