Vassal Mac Bug

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #5053 by GG
Vassal Mac Bug was created by GG
Hello,
Starting in early 2017 a bug of VASSAL on the MAC computers (only) appeared after a new update of Vassal.
We can't slide the cards anymore from our hand toward the map if the hand window is over the map window.
It's very annoying even if finding ugly solutions like discarding the card from the hand then sliding it from the discard pile to the map!
In early posts this year some guys found complex solutions but my limited computer understanding and my overbooked life forbid me to follow them!
Any news about this bug or about any new fixing solution? Please no @#&% jokes about Mac or PC because I respect both but my job obliges me to use a Mac. This story sadly made me nearly stop playing CCN online because too slow & boring (mostly for my opponents)!
Regards,
GG
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by GG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #5054 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic Vassal Mac Bug
Have you looked at the VASSAL Forum?
www.vassalengine.org/forum/

Can you run a Windows Emulation?

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img]

• proyce
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Long time war gamer. Started with all the old Avalon Hill games back in the 60's.
More
2 years 10 months ago #5055 by proyce
Replied by proyce on topic Vassal Mac Bug
Can't help you with the Mac bug, but I can tell you that I got a brand new PC last week and Vassal doesn't work on it. It probably has to do with the new version of Java that I loaded when I got the computer. although that is just a guess.
I have had problems with Vassal and my older PC for awhile now. It keeps disconnecting for no reason in the middle of the game. Vassal guys say it is a "connectivity problem" and nothing they can do. Well, the only connectivity problem I have is with Vassal. All other online sites, etc. work fine. So once I am done with the Open Tournament, I am done with Vassal. It is a real hassle to play with 3 or 4 disconnects per game, not just for me, but especially for my opponents.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #5056 by GG
Replied by GG on topic Vassal Mac Bug
---> Proyce: TY for this account - Yes this game is great but sadly there are no easy way to play it online (this with respect for the guys who worked hard to create the CCN Vassal links) - GG

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #5057 by GG
Replied by GG on topic Vassal Mac Bug
---> Marc: I will return (again) to the Vassal forum but few hope of (simple) solutions - And no Window Emulation possible on my Mac because it's my precious work tool (photographer) - When I did jumped into the Mac universe 3 years ago (for obvious job reasons) I knew I had to say "goodbye" to the game universe: Mac is as huge for photography as it is horrible for the games!

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Forum Statistics

• Total Users:824
  • Latest Member:mwitz
  • Total Posts:6666
  • Total Topics:751
  • Total Sections:2
  • Total Categories:14
  • Today Open:0
  • Yesterday Open:0
  • Today Answer:2
  • Yesterday Answer:1