Prussians

More
9 years 5 months ago #2003 by Mark-McG
Prussians was created by Mark-McG
So early days, but what are people's impressions of the Prussians?

To an extent they are mostly what I expected, almost a vanilla Army. 4 strength INF, 3 strength CAV & ART.

The one querk that did surprise me was the +1 die for standing LN in melee. Not really sure why that is.

The other surprise was LN retreating 2 hexes for each flag after the first. I suppose the Iron Will counters will overcome that defect, and to an extent it matches the Austrians. Once broken, they flee.

I have to say I like the look of the Iron Will counters, and think they will world much more smoothly than the Guerilla markers.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Achtung-Panzer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2004 by Grondeaux
Replied by Grondeaux on topic Prussians
My initial reaction is like yours... it almost seems like more of the same. The Reserve Infantry and Militia Lancers are interesting, no doubt, as are the Iron Will counters. I was a bit worried that the Prussians may be too "generic" and not have their own feel. Then, I think about how different the British, French, Russians, Spanish, and Austrians are from each other; each requires a different strategy to play successfully. Mr. Borg and the folks at GMT seem to know their business, so I suspect that playing the Prussians will require its own unique strategy.

Now if the game would only arrive at my doorstep....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Achtung-Panzer

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2011 by Achtung-Panzer
Replied by Achtung-Panzer on topic Prussians
It's not just the army feel I look forward to in an expansion (and I like the Iron Will rule) but the nature of the new scenarios. The increasing use of objectives in the Austrian expansion rurned some scenarios into the best ones yet!

I hope this trend away from simply killing units continues with the Priussian expansion, and I'm sure it will.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Achtung-Panzer.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2012 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic Prussians

I have to say I like the look of the Iron Will counters, and think they will world much more smoothly than the Guerilla markers.

General the spanish unit and Guerrilla rules are not too bad,
the bad thing in the spanish expansion are the worse scenarios setup and scenario rules.

So i think also, the prussians rules seems ok, but we will see, how the scenario setups works.

As i said it often in past, the simple and Abstract C&C system don´t need historical correct 80:20% scenarios (or worse), they need balanced scenarios, indifferent of the historical outcome.
Players who want to play historical setups and results, should play one of the 100 other available and historical correct games :)

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Bayernkini.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds