019 Solachon (586 AD) Kardarigan’s Stand
As his army dissolved into a mass of fugitives, Kardarigan and the only remaining soldiers still in formation found refuge on a nearby hilltop. The Byzantines located them and began launching desultory attacks against them, content to let heat and thirst destroy the Sassanids. They were not aware that Kardarigan himself was there and finally abandoned the effort. Kardarigan and his intrepid band escaped after holding out against repeated attacks for four days.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
Sassanid Army (Use Tan blocks)
• Leader: Kardarigan
• 5 Command Cards
• 5 Inspired Action tokens
Byzantine Army (Use Purple blocks)
• Leader: Philippicus
• 11 Command Cards*
• 3 Inspired Action tokens
• Move First
- The Sassanid player wins, if the Byzantine player has not won by the end of the turn he plays his last Command card.
* NOTE: The Byzantine player does not draw a new Command card at the end of his turn, unless a Scout Command card is played. When a Scout Command card is played, the Byzantine player draws two Command cards, keeps one and discards the other card normally.
- The Sassanid player when a Scout Command card is played, instead of drawing 2 Command cards at the end of his turn, may instead draw 1 Command card and take a Victory banner. Taking a Victory banner is not possible if doing so would give the player the final Victory banner to win the battle.
- The Byzantine player gains a sudden death victory when at the start of the Byzantine player’s turn more Byzantine units occupy the hill hexes than Sassanid units.
- The Sassanid Medium, Heavy and Super Heavy Cavalry units are armed with bows.
- The Byzantine Medium and Super Heavy Cavalry units are armed with bows.