VIK08 Rochester 885
The Vikings entered at Medway and attacked Rochester, but were unable to seize the town due to strong resistance. Alfred arrived with an army, which forced some of the Vikings to retreat back to their ships and sail for Francia, while another group of Vikings stayed behind and came to terms with the King.
SAXONS (Use Tan blocks)
• Leader: King Alfred of Wessex
• 6 Command Cards
• 4 Inspired Action tokens
VIKINGS (Use Purple Blocks)
• 5 Command Cards
• 3 Inspired Action tokens
• Move first
Vikings gain 1 banner for each gate occupied by a Viking unit
- The River is impassable except at the ford.
- Auxilia units Battleback with 1 extra die.
- Saxons use the Byzantine Inspired Actions
- Vikings use all Inspired Actions
- Replace the Mounted Charge Command card text to read
Select one foot unit and up to two adjacent foot units. Each unit can move one extra hex and battle.
When battling, add 1 die to each supported unit. Ordered units may not engage in Ranged Combat.