001 Utus River (447 AD)

More
3 years 9 months ago #344 by esparver73
Replied by esparver73 on topic 001 Utus River (447 AD)
The Huns destroyed the Roman center using heavy cavalry, though they took some losses. The Roman left managed to push back the Huns using ranged attacks and some cavalry and on the Hun left a steady advance pushed the Romans to the limit of the field an a final Cry Havoc card with an inspired action bonus managed to kill three units for a 9-3 win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #416 by i.taino
Replied by i.taino on topic 001 Utus River (447 AD)
Bizantini vincono 9-2

More
2 years 11 months ago #602 by Magmik
Replied by Magmik on topic 001 Utus River (447 AD)
Byzantine win 9-3

More
1 year 3 months ago #764 by ozzie
Replied by ozzie on topic 001 Utus River (447 AD)
Two easy wins for the Huns. Hun shooting was dominant followed by Fire & Close attacks from the heavy cavalry. The Roman infantry is fairly impotent to stop it and the Roman cavalry just got blown away. Very one-sided games, but still a challenge for all the players to see what they could do with the Romans. I'm sure that if the Huns got a bad hand of cards, it might be different, but only the Roman infantry can get on the move and close with the Hun Auxiliaries before the Huns can establish their potent shooting line.

More
7 months 4 days ago #779 by Riclev
Replied by Riclev on topic 001 Utus River (447 AD)
I don't think this is as one-sided as the stats suggest.  The Huns won 9-7, but had I as the Romans had better cards (at the end I was unable to order any units) I might have sneaked a victory.

More
1 month 1 week ago #914 by ozzie
Replied by ozzie on topic 001 Utus River (447 AD)
A 9-8 win to the Huns in a slog-fest of attritional combat. The Romans lost most of the legions and heavy cavalry, the Huns all their heavy cavalry and most warband. A last-ditch assault by Roman MC almost won the day, but in the end cost them the game.

Time to create page: 1.462 seconds