This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

Moving some scenarios out of Eastern Theatre

More
10 years 1 month ago #90 by Bayernkini
Well, try to look through the Vassal help sites

www.vassalengine.org/help.php

and search a few Video tutorial on YouTube
how to install a mainmodule and extensions.

Vassal is very easy to use, if you know it once, maybe you can ask friends or your childs, to help you first time, if you are a complete "newbie" on computer ;)

My dice are the hell!
The following user(s) said Thank You: seanapdaniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #93 by seanapdaniel
:) Thank you!!!! I see my problem. I didnt have the VASSAL main program loaded in. Your link to that, made all the difference. I got it now, and with some time, I should be able to produce the scenarios I desire. Included will be a multi game scenarios of Richmond Ky. Linking the running battle from the day before battle at Big Hill, to the 1st Position of Mason's troop. The second Position, which is what is listed as the Final, and the Third, which takes place at the edge of the town, when Nelson arrives and tries to rally the Federals for a stand, which fails. I also have both Ivy Mountain, Wild Cat Mountain, Mills Spring, and Middle Creek scenarios to work up based on the evidence and research I have done over the years. All fun smaller actions that took place in Eastern Ky. (Ivy being more of a company action), which is still doable with the Battle Cry system, by scaling everything down. B)

More
10 years 1 month ago #94 by Bayernkini
Great that you got Vassal to work, so we all looking forward,
to see your scenarios next here :)

My dice are the hell!

More
10 years 1 month ago #145 by seanapdaniel
Got it working, Made my first map, placed troops. How do you make card hand sizes and scenario background notes, along with special rules?

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #146 by Bayernkini
1. In Vassal Module: All notes about historical background, scenario notes, special rules,
you wrote into the "Notes" window, open any base game in the vassal module to see an example ;)

Save your Setup/Vassalfile.

2. For any Websites: Make a screenshot of the map, you can use the "Save map as PNG file" button in the vassal module.

Then you publish the map picture on any website and add all scenario notes on a new post.
Here on ccnapoleonics.net you can sent the complete Vassal Scenario savefile with all notes direct to Alessandro, then he publish it.

3. You add the scenario picture and all notes into a Office document, similar "Windows Word" and offer this document as download on any Website :)

Here a few examples :)

1. Share a scenario direct on any Website:

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/815298/british-in-egypt-and-sudan

2. Offer a downloadable document (Word, PDF), download the attached PDF below :)

File Attachment:

File Name: B01-FirstBullRun.pdf
File Size:306 KB

My dice are the hell!
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Bayernkini.

Time to create page: 1.335 seconds