Tactician Cards for Battlecry

More
8 years 7 months ago #589 by NimitsTexan
Cavalry Attack, Infantry Armed Attack, Counter Charge, Fight Back, Fall Back all mention "melee"

Infantry Close Combat mentions "Close Combat"

While the intent is clear to all those who have experience with C&C games, technically neither term/concept appears in the BC150 rules. I suggest the terms "melee" or "close combat" be replace by "battle/battled/battling [as appropriate] against an adjacent" or deleted all together (in the Case of Fight Back).

Similarly, the term "Battle Back" should just be "Battle." There is no "Battle Back" in BC150.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #591 by Bayernkini

While the intent is clear to all those who have experience with C&C games, technically neither term/concept appears in the BC150 rules. I suggest the terms "melee" or

As i wrote on BGG, the TC´s are for those, who knows already also the other CC games and are indeed a little experienced, and therefore i used/took over the wording of the existing TC decks (not only from CCN, also some from MM44 and BL) :)

If there is a player, who plays/knows only BC, i wouldn´t advice him, to use the TC also :whistle:

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
8 years 7 months ago #592 by NimitsTexan
Fair enough, and certainly your call. I will just suggest that integration with the game would be slightly more seamless (and "professional"), and opportunities for rules ambiguities would be reduced, if the language were standardized with the rest of the game.

More
8 years 2 months ago #612 by Mark-McG
Ammo Shortage

if a unit doesn't move, can it suffer Ammo Shortage, or should this be read as ordered?

Hold the Line General, units battle back with
a) 1 die
b) 1 less die

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonewall

More
8 years 2 months ago #613 by Bayernkini

if a unit doesn't move, can it suffer Ammo Shortage, or should this be read as ordered?

should be read indeed as "after opponents movement phase"

Hold the Line General, units battle back with

should be read as "battle back with +1 die"

My dice are the hell!

More
7 years 4 months ago #649 by Stonewall
Very nice work.

More
7 years 4 months ago #651 by Stonewall
Thanks for adding these to the BattleCry Vassal Module.

More
6 years 2 months ago #672 by Mark-McG
Drawing from the experience of Tricorne, I begin to wonder about having 2 Tactician Decks, a Rebel and a Union Deck.
For what are essentially 2 identical armies in BattleCry, separate decks might be a way to distinguish between the two.

As themes, I'd say the Rebel cards would focus on initiative and experience, whilst the Union would focus on firepower and steadfastness.

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)

More
4 years 11 months ago #688 by Mark-McG
Adding my PDF files for printing and card construction.
I used Business card lamination pouches

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankou, Garcia

More
4 years 11 months ago #690 by Ankou
Replied by Ankou on topic Tactician Cards for Battlecry
Hello

Is very very good

Thanks

Time to create page: 1.235 seconds