You can try the Scenario with different epic rules:
One (or two Standard Card decks) and
modified Rules similar Memoir44 Breakthrough.
Some cards allows additonal units anywhere on the board to move, but only to move, not battle.
These cards shows the "on the move" lettering and the number of additional units, which may be ordered,
Attack cards = "+1 on the move",
Probe cards = "+2 on the move",
Scout cards = "+ 2 on the move".
Epic (Battlelore) Rules:
use one (or two) standard card decks.
Create a Epic card draw deck with three Command cards, visible to all players, drawn from the Command deck.
Cards in the Epic deck represent common maneuvers and tactics available to both players.
During each turn’s Command phase, a player may either:
Play up to two Section cards, one must come from the 3 cards on the Epic Command deck, and the other from the players´s own set of Command cards.
If only one card is played, it may come from either the players´s own Command cards or from
the Epic Command deck.
Play a single Tactic card from either the player´s own Command cards or a Tactic card on the Epic Command deck.
At the start of each game turn, there should always be 3 Command cards on the Epic Command deck.
Once a player has finished its turn and replenished its player hand, the Epic rack must be replenished back to 3 cards, if necessary.
When a player chooses to play a single Tactic card from the Epic deck, only the card missing from that
deck is replenished. When you draw a new Command card for the Epic deck, if all 3 cards now on the deck are Tactic cards, discard them all and draw 3 new cards.
Once replenished the Epic deck must always contain at least 1 Section card.
If the Command card deck runs out, shuffle the discards to form a new Command draw deck.
- When a Section or Tactic card activates a number of units equal to Command, the cards located on the
Epic Command deck do not apply toward this number.
- When playing two Section cards, the orders on both section cards are carried out.
Scouting actions do not double up: You still only draw two cards, even though you played two Scout cards.
The following Tactic cards are slightly modified:
- Battlecry: Ordered units battle at +1d for the entire turn. When the decks and discards are reshuffled, the Command cards and the Epic deck is shuffled.
- Counter Attack: When countering a section card played by the other player, only one of the two section cards is countered.
- Fight Back: If a FB is drawn to the "epic" deck, discard it and draw a new Card for epic Cards.