023 Fort Donelson, Tennessee (Confederate Breakout) - February 15, 1862

• alecrespi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago - 9 years 10 months ago #41 by alecrespi
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Bayernkini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42 by Bayernkini
Add Tag:
- Temporary Victory Banner Objective Hex

My dice are the hell!

More
9 years 7 months ago #364 by NimitsTexan
I notice the graphic does not include the Entrenchment hexes in the highlighted "victory area." I believe the intent of "any . . . hex behind the outer fieldworks" would include the three entrenchment hexes (would also make logical sense, as they are part of Fort Donelson as well).

More
3 years 8 months ago #720 by kostas63
Vittoria USA 6-1. I Confederati vista l'inattivita' sul loro fianco destro avanzano con le unita' di fanteria di Pillow e Buckner appoggiati dalla cavalleria di Forrest. Dopo un iniziale successo l'avanzata si arresta tra i boschi e le colline nel centro del campo di battaglia. I nordisti d'altro canto si rendono conto che l'avanzata sudista non ha piu' spinta e a quel punto scatenano l'assalto su Fort Donelson. I Confederati resistono ma privi di riserve vengono respinti dalle fortificazioni ed eliminati.

More
1 year 1 month ago #797 by srugge
Ft. Donelson anniversary. Feb. 15, 2023. The Battle opened with the Rebs launching an assault on the Federal Right Flank. The Union countered with an assault on Ft. Donelson, but were driven back. Rebs were able to call on an additional artillery unit as a reinforcement and placed it on the heights of the fort, making the fort well nigh impregnable. The Reb attack on the Union right succeeded in clearing that sector of Yankees, and the victorious Rebs moved to try to crush the Union center, but were driven back with heavy losses. At this point in the battle, with both sides having lost 5 units, dusk approaching (the deck was running out) and the decision in the balance, the Union decided to launch one last desperate attack against Fort Donelson's outer defenses, in an effort to gain that last victory banner by getting a unit on or inside those defenses. The Reb artillery was too powerful though, and decimated the lead unit, with the Rebs thus winning a close 6-5 battle.

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds