Reference to MM04 - Hlobane - 28 March 1879

More
1 year 7 months ago #778 by S. A. Gundel
Please clarify;  1.)  The 3 yellow Zulu tokens with the no. 4 in it are the Zule Musketeers?  They would be carrying rifles? The British kaNzibe unit would be carrying rifles also?
2a.) Do the two rocket units fire and move like ordinary artillery?  2b.) Are there 3 rocket units per token?
3.)  Is the cavalry Frontier Light Horse, Native Horse or British 17th Lancers?  Or, it doesn't matter?  I'm not sure if the lancers carry rifles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #781 by Mark-McG
see reply here
www.commandsandcolors.net/battlecry/inde...&catid=31&Itemid=196

seems better to keep the discussion close to the scenario map

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Mark-McG.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #782 by S. A. Gundel
    Thank you very much for your quick reply.  I'm a military history buff and I just discovered this Battle Cry website with these additional scenarios recently.  I've copied all the Zulu scenarios, Custer's Last Stand and many of the Civil War scenarios.  I've created many dioramas including Roarke's Drift.  Please visit my website;

sgengr.wixsite.com/militaryminiatures  

I had some leftover British and Zulu figures,...so, rather than using Union & Confederate troops (which goes against my grain) to play the Roarke's Drift scenario, I used my leftovers.  I plan on doing that with the rest of the Zulu Battles and Custer's Last Stand.  I've attached some pictures.  I've ordered cavalry for the other scenarios.  Thanks again for the reply.  Regards,  Steve

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by S. A. Gundel.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #783 by Mark-McG
Someshort background around this scenario design.
Michael Dippel designed most of the Zulu War scenarios, and I helped playtest them.
His design of Hlobane I found kind of awkward, as the terrain seemed to run across the lines rather than being the basis of the position.So in discussion of those merits, Michael suggested I should re-image the scenario, which is what you see here.
The whole re-design was done in a day or less, and copied the original design. So if the scenario seems unpolished and unfinished, that is because it is both those. Definitely needs some re-writing, but if I recall, it played quite reasonably.

Admire your "leftover" figures, something I've considered for some years, but never pulled the trigger because of the limited number of engagements they can be used for.
With the website,can you slow the slideshow speed? Seemed to race past to me, which seemed a shame.

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Mark-McG.

Time to create page: 1.100 seconds