There doesn't seem to by any one particular place where various BIG BattleCry rules, options and scenarios (and news) seems to reside. So this thread is an attempt to remedy that.
Generally I understand BIG BattleCry to operate in the same manner as EPIC Ancients, and I know Michael had some special rules for BIG BattleCry to go along with the VASSAL Games he setup.
Modified Epic Rules
1. You may play one ARMY card or 1-3 field cards.
2. Counter Attack may be counter an played ARMY or Field card of your opponent.
3. Some field cards, which allows you order units in 2 or 3 sections, counts as 2 or 3 played cards.
These cards are noticed as Field 2 or Field 3 cards.
4. Each section may get only a field card.
5. After turn, you may draw 2 cards (observe hand limit)
6. If you play at least one Scout card, you may draw 3 cards and keep 2 (observe limit of hands)
7. A field commanders, which get no card, are allowed to make a INI roll. Roll one die and order a unit, which symbol is shown.
A flag forces one of your units to retreat. If a XSW is rolled, one unit loose one figure.
Modified Tactic Cards:
- Fight Back: Player battles with FB with +1 dice
- Assault: up to 6 units in section
- Force March: up to 6 units in section
- Rally: Roll 1 die for each command card you hold (including the played rally).
For all symbols, a block of this unit symbol is recovered, in any/different section(s).
Written out version of BIG Battlecry rules based upon the Ancients EPIC rules in Expansion 3 (the early set).
Some assumptions are 2 sets of BC150, and with 2 card decks, 1 option is use a Deck each. I also added an option to use Short Supply, Sharpshooter, Call for Reinforcements or Construct Fieldworks as Inspired Field commands (i.e. can be used in conjunction with another Field command card in that section).
These are variant neutral, so should work with any variants you wish to use.
"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."
(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Mark MCG. Reason: update with Scout card draw explanation