Tactician Cards for Battlecry

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #516 by Bayernkini
Because we get now the Tactician card deck for CCNapoleonics, i will try this deck for sure in the BC games also.
If necessary, with a little adjustment....
Looking forward, how it goes with such an additional deck :P

Tactician Cards Rules

Tactician cards add an element of suspense and will challenge players to coordinate their use in a timely manner. Players may soon realize that Tactician cards, and how they relate to the battlefield Leaders, are going to be some of their most precious assets. In terms of game play, Tactician cards represent Leader actions and American Civil War happenings or unit abilities. These cards may hinder the opposing army, enhance a player’s units, or may instantly change the course of a battle.
The number of Tactician cards, each player will take at the start of a battle, is indicated in the scenario notes. Each scenario has the Army Commander’s Tactician rating which is equal to the number of Tactician cards a player’s Army starts with in the battle.
At the end of the player’s turn, the player will draw one Tactician card, when the Command card played instructs a player to draw a Tactician card. There is no limit to the number of Tactician cards a player may hold.

Following Command Cards allows the active player to draw one new tactician card at the end of turn:
Leadership; Recon in Force; Scout Center; Scout Left Flank; Scout Right Flank;
Following Command Cards allows both players (active and passive) to draw one new tactician card at the end of turn:
Battlecry;

NOTE: A player, who plays a Tactician card during his or the opponent’s turn, does not immediately replenish his Tactician card hand. Replenishment of Tactician cards is only done at the end of a player’s turn when the Command card played instructs a player to draw a Tactician card.

Players must observe a number of simple, but critically important rules when bringing a Tactician card into play.
• A Tactician card must always be played when indicated. Some cards may be played out of turn, during the opponent’s game turn, or in reaction to one of his actions or card play.
• When playing a Tactician card, place it in front of you at the appropriate time (possibly in reaction to one of your opponent’s actions), and read it aloud.
• A player may play as many Tactician cards during a turn as desired, but only one card may be played on any given lone Leader, unit with an attached Leader or unit during a turn.
• In case of contradiction, between the effects of two Tactician cards played in succession, the second card trumps the effect of the first one.
• In case of conflict, between the basic rules in this book and a Tactician card, the rules of the card take precedence.
• Terrain movement and battle restrictions will always apply, unless stated otherwise on the Tactician card.
• During a player’s turn, when a Command card containing the words ‘Equal to Command’ is played, the player counts only Command cards. Tactician cards are not counted.

Tactician card Default Action
All Tactician cards have a default action. Instead of using the text on the Tactician card, the default action of a Tactician card allows a player to discard a Tactician card after all combat is completed, but before drawing a new Command card, and re¬position a Leader up to 3 hexes. Terrain restrictions still apply when the Leader is moved.

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Bayernkini.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stonewall, ColCampbell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #517 by Bayernkini
Here first Cards with customized BC tactician Cards. More in future ;)

I use also a revised Command Cards deck.

Here my revised command cards list:

- Assault Center: 3
- Assault Left Flank: 3
- Assault Right Flank: 3
- Attack Center: 6
- Attack Left Flank: 5
- Attack Right Flank: 5
- Battle and Hold Position: 3
- Battle Cry: 2
- Bombard: 2
- Coordinated Advance: 3
- Counterattack: 3
- Forced March: 4
- Hit and Run: 3
- Leadership: 4
- Outflank: 3
- Probe Center: 6
- Probe Left Flank: 5
- Probe Right Flank: 5
- Rally: 3
- Recon in Force: 4
- Scout Center: 2
- Scout Left Flank: 2
- Scout Right Flank: 2

- Corps Command Any Section: 3
- Corps Command Center: 2
- Corps Command Left Flank: 2
- Corps Command Right Flank: 2

So i have a revised 90 command cards deck (similar CCN).
The "red" cards allows to replenish the Tactician Cards (1 card for active player, Battlecry 1 card for each player)

My dice are the hell!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark-McG, Stonewall, mirkobruner, ColCampbell

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #520 by Bayernkini
update
Ideas and suggestions are welcome :)

My dice are the hell!

More
8 years 8 months ago #522 by Mark-McG
I'd like to see one that allows Infantry to move 2 hexes and conduct ranged combat (but not melee).

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)

More
8 years 8 months ago #524 by Nothung
a "surgeon and corpsman" card ?
a "bayonet charge" card ?

More
8 years 8 months ago #525 by Bayernkini

a "surgeon and corpsman" card ?

You should als advise your rules idea :)

My dice are the hell!

More
8 years 8 months ago #526 by Nothung
issue an order to 1 unit that has suffered casualties
roll 1 die for each command card
for each match (symbol unit or saber), 1 lost figure of that unit is returned to duty. (see command card medics and mechanics-M44)

More
8 years 8 months ago #527 by Nothung
"Ambush"
you may place 1 unit of infantry or cavalry on a adjacent hex of a ennemy unit everywhere on the map (including wood, town...). This unit must attack directly (no movements admit).

More
8 years 8 months ago #528 by Bayernkini

issue an order to 1 unit that has suffered casualties
roll 1 die for each command card
for each match (symbol unit or saber), 1 lost figure of that unit is returned to duty. (see command card medics and mechanics-M44)

there is already 1 Rally card in the standard command deck and 2 in my revised command deck then :)

"Ambush"
you may place 1 unit of infantry or cavalry on a adjacent hex of a ennemy unit everywhere on the map (including wood, town...). This unit must attack directly (no movements admit).

There are already a lot of First Strike types and Battle Back cards in my tactician examples. Don´t forget, you see only 1 example of each kind of my customized cards,
but in the final deck are 2, sometimes 3 of each kind in the cards deck.

My dice are the hell!

More
8 years 7 months ago #577 by Mark-McG
Having used the cards for 1 battle, they seem to work pretty reasonably for the original BC150 rules.

Call for Reinforcements should be before movement, or the leader can't move.

Hold the Line General gives a Battle back bonus, but no battle back in ordinary rules.

Grape Shot was called Cannister in American parlance. Minor issue

Ammunition shortage would thematically be after an enemy attack.

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)

Time to create page: 1.306 seconds