New Chancellorsville scenario!

More
9 years 11 months ago #154 by GG
OK I made a scenario for the battle of Chancellorsville Day 2. I would like to test it with any player.
The 150th aniversary edition is marvelous and so complete but this very important battle was missing for sure!

Richard Bord made an extra scenario of this battle but he choosed the Day 3 ... Arrrg Stonewall Jackson was allready
dead and his genius moves with him. So I needed to create the Day 2 scenario were we can live the last moments of this
fantastic Confederate General jumping out of the forest and surprising the Union right flank after another one of his
incredible strategic march!

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayernkini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #155 by GG
Replied by GG on topic New Chancellorsville scenario!
Incredible! Believe it or not but I only saw the other post on Chancellorsville AFTER I created and posted this one !!!

LOOOL! The great spirits allways meet some day!

;)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #172 by GG
GG01 - Chancellorsville, Virginia (2d day of battle) — May 1-2-3, 1863

Staffing Notes

Union Player
• Joseph Hooker
• Take 4 command cards.

Confederate Player
• Robert E. Lee
• Take 5 command cards.
• You move first.

Victory
7 flags

Special Rules

Any Union unit that leaves the battlefield via the Rappahannock bridge gives 1 permanent victory point to the Union player.

Stonewall Jackson Leadership: Each time the Confederate play the "Leadership" card, any friendly unit adjacent to the General Jackson
is also ordered, can move and fight but with no dice bonus.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by GG.

More
9 years 11 months ago #185 by Mark-McG
Played GG in this scenario today using the classic rules. Union scraped out a win based on the Exit requirement.

The date is May 2.

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #186 by GG
TY

Yes and with the help of Mark's remarks I will change some details on the exit rules: 2 new victory points, No bridge but fordable river (so all unit MUST stop before leaving), Only the reduced units can leave and no evasion on RETREAT (flag) for sure!

To be said:

Please test it many times before judging it because believe me: The exit solution is not allways the best solution when Stonewall Jackson makes a good pressure from the west (I was just a pale copy of the famous confederate General!)!

;)

More
9 years 11 months ago #187 by GG
The Chancellorsville project is going on ... Here is the new map without bridge and with Fairview Hill spotted ...

[img

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #188 by GG
And here are the new notes with some modifs in red:

GG01 - Chancellorsville, Virginia (2d day of battle) — May 1-2-3, 1863

Staffing Notes

Union Player
• Joseph Hooker
• Take 4 command cards.

Confederate Player
• Robert E. Lee
• Take 5 command cards.
• You move first.

Victory
7 flags

Special Rules

The Rappahannock river is only fordable at the US ford.
Any reduced Union unit can leave the battlefield via the ford giving 1 victory point to the Union player.
A unit can't leave the battlefield via the ford on a retreat. In this case the unit will follow the official rules (as many hits as blocked retreats).

Chancellorsville is a temporary 2 victory points for the side that occupy it at the start of his turn.

Stonewall Jackson Leadership: Each time the Confederate play the "Leadership" card, any friendly unit adjacent to the General Jackson
is also ordered, can move and fight but with no dice bonus. Jackson's unit can't be short supply.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #196 by GG
I really enjoy playing it with the very new and very simple special rules (see above).
It's very balanced with maybe a little more pressure on the Union as historicaly!
I love my baby now!

:P

PS: No more Fairview Hill named on the map because both temporary victory points are now on Chancellorsville!

Enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.779 seconds