GG01 Gettysburg EPIC - July 1-3, 1863
GG01 - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
(Devil’s Den & Wheat Field, second day of battle)
July 1–3, 1863
Lee reasoned that his plans to invade Pennsylvaia would keep the war in the north and allow his army to feed off the rich northern farmlands. He further hoped another victory could influence Britain and France to recognize the Confederacy, and provide further “ammunition” to the Washington Peace Democrats and their cause. In early June, Lee started his army northwest to the Shenandoah Valley, then north across the Potomac and toward the Cumberland Valley. The Army of the Potomac, under its new commander, George Meade, marched swiftly north in pursuit. On July 1, the two armies made contact. What began as a skirmish quickly escalated as both sides fed in reinforcements. On July 2, Lee launched a series of attacks against the Union line. Longstreet began the attack around 4 p.m. The fighting was often at close range, with federal troops bitterly contesting key points such as Little Round Top, Devil’s Den, and the Wheat Field. The second day, however, ended with the Union army still deployed in its defensive positions.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
George G. Meade
Take 12 Command Cards
You move first
Robert E. Lee
Take 12 Command Cards
• An infantry unit may enter Devils Den , but must stop and may not battle that turn.
A unit attacking an enemy unit in Devil´s Den reduces the number of battle dice rolled by 2 and the Defender may ignore 1 flag rolled against it.
• A Union unit on Little Round Top may ignore 1 flag rolled against it.
• At start of the Confederate turn, if Confederate units occupy the Peach Orchard hex, Wheat Field hex, and the Little Round Top hex, the Confederate wins by Sudden Death.
Modified Epic Rules
1. You may play one ARMY card or 1-3 field cards.
2. Counter Attack may be counter an played ARMY or Field card of your opponent.
3. Some field cards, which allows you order units in 2 or 3 sections, counts as 2 or 3
These cards are noticed as Field 2 or Field 3 cards.
4. Each section may get only a field card.
5. After turn, you may draw 2 cards (observe hand limit)
6. If you play at least one Scout card, you may draw 3 cards and keep 2 (observe limit
7. A field commanders, which get no card, are allowed to make a INI roll. Roll one die
and order a unit, which symbol is shown.
A flag forces one of your units to retreat. If a XSW is rolled, one unit loose one
Modified Tactic Cards:
- Assault: up to 6 units in section
- Force March: up to 6 units in section
- Rally: Roll 1 die for each command card you hold (including the played rally).
For all symbols, a block of this unit symbol is recovered, in any/different section(s).