MD05 - Rorke´s Drift - January, 22, 1879
The Battle of Rorke's Drift, also known as the Defence of Rorke's Drift, was a battle in the Anglo-Zulu War. The defence of the mission station of Rorke's Drift, under the command of Lieutenant John Chard of the Royal Engineers, and Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead immediately followed the British Army's defeat at the Battle of Isandlwana on 22 January 1879, and continued into the following day, 23 January.Just over 150 British and colonial troops successfully defended the garrison against an intense assault by 3,000 to 4,000 Zulu warriors. The massive, but piecemeal, Zulu attacks on Rorke's Drift came very close to defeating the tiny garrison but were ultimately repelled. Eleven Victoria Crosses were awarded to the defenders, along with a number of other decorations and honours.
For more informations about battle see Wikipedia
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Lt. Chard; Lt. Bromhead
6 Command cards
6 Command cards
- British: At least 1 Unit (not LDR) must survive 3 attack waves of Zulus
- Zulus must destroy all British within 3 attack waves
- Remove the CallForReinforcement, Short Supply and ConstructFieldworks card, they are not used in this scenario
- Cross sabers hits only in melee; Except Single Leaders; They are hit also with sabers in range fire, as the standard BC rules says).
- Zulu Warriors: Move 0-1 hex and battle 3-2 dice OR move 2 hex without battle
- Rorke´s Drift buildings are treated like Homestead
- Redoubt: The redoubt are treated like fieldworks.
- Retreats: The British can choose, to retreat up or down. The Zulus on the top half battlemap retreats to top, the Zulus on the bottom half retreats to bottom. Zulus on the middle hex row (row between the british marker) can decide, in which direction they retreat.
- Zulu Attack Waves: The Zulus starts each attack wave with full strength units (a killed Zulu LDR will not replaced), in the same hexes like on the first setup. If they loose 4 units (not LDR´s), the wave retreat immediately and the next wave is setup.
- British Reorganisation: The British can reorganisate there units within Rorke´s Drift to any hex, before the Zulu player start his next attack wave.
- British Recovery: Before the Zulu player start his next attack wave, each British unit with lost figures, which is on a Hospital hex (or is moved during British Reorganisation to a Hospital hex), can roll 4 dice to recover units. For each INF symbol is rolled, this unit recover 1 figure.
Tags: Banners: 3, Unofficial, Army: British, Army: Zulus