Speakerphone Battle Cry at letsroll.con May 16, 2020

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #710 by Dr Jeff
On May 16, I will be running Battle Cry at an online convention www.letsrollcon.com/ . Competition will be by low tech speakerphone
I attach my rules and recommendations for how to play BattleCry remotely by phone when both players may own different game editions.
There is no cost to play or attend the convention, but you do need to register to participate.

Dr Jeff
Jeff Cornett
jeffreylcornett@aol.com
407-330-1968
Former Battle Cry GM at WBC (World Boardgaming Championships)

PS: I have rules for playing Battle Cry low tech just using a phone connection put on speakerphone.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Dr Jeff. Reason: Update attachment version 5/7/2020

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #714 by aschmuck
How did the convention go? Where there many players for Battle Cry?

More
3 years 9 months ago #716 by Dr Jeff
The convention overall was not very large. There was only one game of Battle Cry. Two players signed up ahead of time, but only one showed up to play. I played him and lost 6-5. It was an exciting game. Fog of war may have decided it when I thought he moved a unit Northwest, when I later discovered he moved Northeast and was in position next turn to move to kill my 1-strength infantry. The play by ear format works fine, but is probably best done against opponents you know and can share the experience.

Dr Jeff
Jeff Cornett
jeffreylcornett@aol.com
407-330-1968
Former Battle Cry GM at WBC (World Boardgaming Championships)

PS: I have rules for playing Battle Cry low tech just using a phone connection put on speakerphone.

Time to create page: 1.266 seconds