605 Thermopylae - Grand Overview (480 BC)

More
12 years 1 month ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #1301 by alecrespi
** This thread discusses the Content article: **
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by alecrespi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #1303 by broadsword
Spartans shove their MI forward, and smash the Persians against their back board edge. Why wait around on the wall for the Persians to shoot you to bits?

More
11 years 10 months ago #1365 by Mark-McG
the Persian left is essentially trapped and it isn't hard to see the Greeks just slaughtering their way forwards. Essentially the Persians have to move forwards to have any room at all.

Needs a breakthrough map I think.

"I will either find a way, or make one."
attrib to Hannibal Barca

More
4 years 2 months ago #3170 by GF1954
2 solitaire games. In the first, the Spartans won easily 6 - 0. But in the second, surprise, surprise, the Persians won 6 - 4! I really didn't think it was possible for the Persians to win in this scenario, but the Persians managed to withstand the frontal assault by the Spartans. The Persian right flank didn't have to do anything.

More
1 year 4 months ago #4474 by GF1954
Another 2 solo games, with the Spartans winning both, 6 - 1. and 6 - 2.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #17644 by HANJEL
Very unbalanced scenario, favorable for the side that lost the battle. Sparta 6, Persia 0.

Hanjel de Alfheim

More
7 months 1 week ago #24580 by Riclev
I don't believe this is as one-sided as some below seem to think. We played it three times and saw victories of 6-5 Persian, and 6-4 and 6-4 to the Spartans. However, in both the Spartan victories, the Persians started with a Double Time with the eventual result being the wiping out of Leonidas and the Spartan right for the loss of three or four of the Persian medium infantry units. It then became a question of could sufficient Persian units exit the map before the Spartans achieved victory on their left flank. In both cases the answer was no, but this was due to a paucity of appropriate cards in the Persian hand. Despite this, however, the Persians should still have won at least one of the games if they had played better, even with the cards they did have.

In the other (Persian victory) game, the Persian player had no cards for the main body on the left, allowing the Spartans to advance and eliminate two of the archers. Eventually the Persians were able to get organised as the Spartans had no cards to follow this up (they started with four sectional cards in the centre and two Move Heavy Troops) and they were able to eliminate the entire Spartan/Greek army on both flanks.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds