206 Aquae Sextiae (102 BC)

More
15 years 10 months ago #58 by alecrespi
** This thread discusses the Content article: 206 Aquae Sextiae (102 BC) **

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2156 by Novak
Replied by Novak on topic 206 Aquae Sextiae (102 BC)
6-3 Roman victory. The game was decided when Marcellus' ambush force appeared on the Gaul left flank and killed three already damaged units. Fast game. I think the only way for Gauls here to have a chance would be to get to the high ground as fast as possible. Other consideration would be to smash reinforcements since it's green units - but then again a good Roman player won't give you much of a chance for that.

More
4 years 4 months ago #3164 by Andygor
Replied by Andygor on topic 206 Aquae Sextiae (102 BC)
Played today in club this scenario two times. Playing for the Germanic tribes, won 6: 2, despite the introduction of ambush Marcellus in the game on my left flank. Playing for Rome, won with the score 6: 3, activating the ambush of Marcellus on the last move, and destroying two troops auxilia with Marcellus as commander of the detachment of the German cavalry, and tore Teutoboda. Playing for barbarians, not gave opportunities use Romans rule Marius, to they weakened my teams warriors, playing for Romans also not was able use this advantage. The game was interesting!

More
2 years 1 month ago #4202 by clavain
Replied by clavain on topic 206 Aquae Sextiae (102 BC)
6-3 Germans. Ambush came on early on the German left, and I had the cards to isolate it, cut it off and destroy. German cav moved up on both wings and did enough damage for the win before the Roman main line could engage (I did not try to approach it).

Moderators: Freeloading-Phill
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds