ancients  battlecry  napoleonics  samuraibattles  thegreatwar    tricorne  redalert  medieval Support Us

OT2019 Round 3

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Rating 4.00 (1 Vote)

Round 3

Scenario: C3i06 Po River (203 BC)
Deadline: 31 May 2019

Andygor  3  5  0 DigitalDick  7  7  3
Starlock       EZPickins
Cavie  7  6  2 scipio1zama  2  7  1
FoxK  3  7  1 alecrespi  7  5  2
Mad Doc       Михаил
PCScipio42       BYE

Please record results in the discussion below in the form;

Game 1

Player 1 (Side): # banners

Player 2 (Side): # banners

Short synopsis of game

Attach the game log. This has to be done from the Discussion thread, not directly below (why I don't know)

Game 2

Player 1 (Side): # banners

Player 2 (Side): # banners

Short synopsis of game

Contact me with any problems, and please setup your 2 matches early. Leaving it to the deadline invites disaster at the hands of the VASSAL server, and there will be no extensions!

Mark-McG's Avatar
Mark-McG replied the topic: #3012 2 days 5 hours ago
Scores updated. If you have played and aren't listed, please report. If you haven't played, please play the matches ASAP.
Andygor's Avatar

File Name: OT2019R3POGi.vlog
File Size:237 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

Gileforn (Carthage) - Polonus100 (Rome) 2-7

File Attachment:

File Name: 2019OTR3GiPo.vlog
File Size:218 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

Both games decided on the right Carthaginian flank. In first Carhage provoked with its LC Roman cavalry to attack. In counterattack 2 Roman MC's were destroyed. In addition mounted Carthaginians eliminated also 1 M and 1 A unit. That made the difference. Clash of infantries in the center was bloody, but successful for Mago.
I second game first attacked Cartaginians provoked by movement of Roman A unit to the left. In counterattack Roman cavalry was successful. Cavalry pursuit destroyed almost all L and A Carthaginian unit on their Right. Elephants were eliminated by Roman Auxilia. Last frontal attack made by card I Am Spartacus didn't broke Roman Line and Legions eliminated W unit with a Leader.
gottoman's Avatar
gottoman replied the topic: #3009 5 days 11 hours ago
Round 3 Po River

Game 1

BrentS (Rome) 5 banners
gottoman (Carthage) 7 banners

This was a very tight battle, it really all focused on the left flank, with the Roman's being aggressive pushing their medium cavalry forward, and Carthage responded. The battle stayed close, but the key point was the loss of Varro and then the Carthage heavies in the center pushed into the left and ended the battle.
der_mandarin replied the topic: #3008 5 days 15 hours ago
Game 1

Viridovilas (Carthage) 5 banners
der_mandarin (Rome) 7 banners

A drawn out battle with a long initial skirmish phase which had me play three Order Light Unit cards in quick succession. After that, Carthage closed the gap with a Double Time attack to which Rome anwered with a Line Command which allowed to push and chase hurt units on the right flank. In the end, Rome was first to end the game and score the required the seven blocks.

Game 2

der_mandarin (Carthage) 6 banners
Viridovilas (Rome) 7 banners

A brutal battle with lots Line Command cards being played. Carthage went for a risky play in order to score the 6th banner which luckily succeeded. That play left Rome the opportunity to score two more banners and end the game.

File Attachment:

File Name: viri_der_round3.vlog
File Size:248 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

File Attachment:

File Name: viri_der_r...me2.vlog
File Size:175 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

File Attachment:

File Name: viri_der_r...rt2.vlog
File Size:201 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT
BrentS replied the topic: #3007 5 days 16 hours ago
Greg won 7-5 but he wanted to report it. Just wanted to get mine posted while it was fresh in my memory.
Mark-McG's Avatar
Mark-McG replied the topic: #3006 5 days 18 hours ago
what happened in Game 1?
BrentS replied the topic: #3005 6 days 51 minutes ago
Round 3 Po River

Game 2

BrentS (Carthage) 7 banners
gottoman (Rome) 2 banners

A very entertaining game. I was holding a Mounted Charge from the start so advanced my right hoping to cause carnage but Greg certainly guessed that and killed my Medium Cav, making me hold off. A bit of ranged in the centre killed one of the Roman lights. Rome advanced in the centre but I concentrated on the right again and took an Auxilia and MI down to 1 block each, enough for the Elephant to Mounted Charge in behind them for a potential Trample but they actually died on the Rampage (same result but I was disappointed....so rarely get to see a trample!). The Roman MC bravely took on the elephant, forcing a rules check (long time since we've had to do that) and killed the elephant with a helmet. A Carthaginian Double Time into the exposed Roman centre resulted in more kills and a successful leader check which put me within 1 banner of victory. Rome Mounted Charged but unsuccessfuly and lost their final unit on battle back to end it. Enjoyable because Greg is always a great strong opponent but also for the exciting elephant action, which happens more rarely than you'd think

File Attachment:

File Name: CCA19R3Bre...me2.vlog
File Size:195 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT
Cavie's Avatar
Cavie replied the topic: #3004 1 week 1 day ago
Round 3 - Cavie vs scipio1zama

Game 1

Cavie (Carthage) - 7 banners won
scipio1zama (Romans) - 2 banners won

An early Double Time did not work so well for Rome and Carthage took advantage with their Heavy units in the middle to overcome Rome. I Am Spartacus helped finish off the mid field battle and end it pretty quick

Game 2

scipio1zama (Carthage) - 7 banners won
Cavie (Romans) - 6 banners won

A little tighter game this time around. I Am Spartacus helped Carthage with the win once again. This time getting a good roll for orders and surround Varus and killing him and the 2 units he was commanding. Mago went in for the final kill and had First Strike played on him but only took 3 hits and survived the leader check. He pounced back with killing blow to end the game!
alecrespi's Avatar
alecrespi replied the topic: #3002 1 week 6 days ago
Game 1
alecrespi (Carthage): 7
FoxK (Roman): 3

Game 2
FoxK (Carthage): 7
alecrespi (Roman): 5
taliapharaoh's Avatar
taliapharaoh replied the topic: #2996 3 weeks 5 hours ago
Game 1

taliapharaoh (Carthage): 7

Nemo2333 (Roman): 4

A very well played game by my opponent, who first destroyed by cavalry in the early turns and did a masterful job keeping my infantry away from doing much damage. Gradually the Carthaginians were able to push the Roman line near the bottom edge of the map, and then the Romans roared out with a DT card, but the dice held for the Carthaginian infantry, and even kill Cethegus in the melee. I was lucky enough to be holding the Clash of Shields, so the tide of the battle turned quickly and I finished off those four units. My opponents bad dice continued through a mounted charge, and I was able to eliminate those units and Varus for the win.

Game 2

taliapharaoh (Roman): 7

Nemo2333 (Carthage): 5

Once again I fell behind early, and the Roman left/Carthage right was again won by my opponent. This game took much longer, as his ranged units whittled down my infantry, but fortunately I was able to withstand an elephant charge and eliminate the necessary units on the Carthage left, including the leader.

This site uses cookies to improve your experience.